This isn't just about Catholics vs. Obama - this is also about women
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Tim Lilley, 678-990-9032 or
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032 or
HHS mandate latest salvo in skirmish over life ... and human dignity
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (February 1, 2012) - At least one news report on Catholic bishops' reactions to a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services decision to mandate employer-provided health-insurance coverage of contraception, sterilization and drugs that induce abortions - related to parishes around the country this past weekend - was headlined "Catholics vs. Obama" (The Daily, Jan. 30 edition). Bestselling author Teresa Tomeo sees a battle line drawn against an entire gender - not just this religion or that.
"There are so many things wrong with the HHS mandate it's hard to know where to begin, Tomeo said. "There is no question that this is an obvious attack on religious freedom and a direct assault on the Catholic Church - as the U.S. Bishops and so many other faith and religious liberty leaders have stated. But it is also an attack on women. Artificial contraception hurts women and society in general.
"How many women are aware that the World Health Organization declared the birth control pill a group one carcinogen some seven years ago?" Tomeo asked. "How many women are aware of the dangers associated with abortifacients, and how many women realize that contraception has resulted in our gender being more objectified than ever before? This mandate is one more example of society, particularly women, having been sold a big fat bill of goods by those with an ulterior pro-death agenda. Women deserve better. All of us deserve better than what the HHS handed down on January 22."
In her book EXTREME MAKEOVER, available now from Ignatius Press, Tomeo digs deep into a media culture that bombards everyone with pervasive, toxic messages that objectify women. She advocates an "extreme media makeover" that will enable women, children and families to rid themselves of the toxic words and images that bombard them daily, and instead embrace the truth about themselves and their dignity.
To schedule an interview with Tomeo or to request a review copy of EXTREME MAKEOVER, contact Tim Lilley (TLilley@MaximusMG.com) or Kevin Wandra (KWandra@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group at 678-990-9032, or at the email addresses above.
http://maxondeadline.com/extreme-makeover/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Teresa Tomeo, HHS mandate, Catholic Church, contraception, Obama, Extreme Makeover, Ignatius Press,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS