Alumni Publish Bioethics Booklet
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (January 26, 2012) - Two Franciscan University of Steubenville graduates have co-written a booklet that explains the threats to human life through physician-prescribed suicide and euthanasia.
Published by the Knights of Columbus, "Freedom to Flourish: A Catholic Analysis of Doctor-Prescribed Suicide and Euthanasia," defends the Catholic Church's teachings on end-of-life issues such as nutrition and hydration, advance directives, and suffering.
Authors Jason B. Negri, Esq., and Father Christopher M. Saliga, OP, graduated from Franciscan University in 1992.
Negri is the former director of Franciscan University's Alumni Office. He currently works as a licensed Michigan attorney specializing in estate planning with an emphasis on end-of-life medical ethics. Father Saliga received a bachelor of science in nursing from Franciscan University and currently serves as postulant director and assistant novice master for the Eastern African Vicariate of the Dominican Order. He also serves as chaplain of Our Lady of Grace School in Kisumu, Kenya.
"Freedom to Flourish" is Booklet #339 of the Veritas Series from the Knights of Columbus and Catholic Information Service. It is available for free download online at the Knights of Columbus Web page: http://www.kofc.org/un/en/resources/cis/cis339.pdf. Bulk copies of the booklet also can be ordered from the Knights of Columbus Web site: http://alphadata.ws/cis_veritas.
For a recent article by Negri in Columbia magazine, the official magazine of the Knights of Columbus, on assisted suicide's failure to respect the dignity of the patient, go to http://www.kofc.org/un/en/columbia/detail/2012_01_assisted_suicide.html.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Bioethics, Publications, New, Franciscan University, Alumni, Euthenasia, End of Life Issues
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards