Alumni Publish Bioethics Booklet
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (January 26, 2012) - Two Franciscan University of Steubenville graduates have co-written a booklet that explains the threats to human life through physician-prescribed suicide and euthanasia.
Published by the Knights of Columbus, "Freedom to Flourish: A Catholic Analysis of Doctor-Prescribed Suicide and Euthanasia," defends the Catholic Church's teachings on end-of-life issues such as nutrition and hydration, advance directives, and suffering.
Authors Jason B. Negri, Esq., and Father Christopher M. Saliga, OP, graduated from Franciscan University in 1992.
Negri is the former director of Franciscan University's Alumni Office. He currently works as a licensed Michigan attorney specializing in estate planning with an emphasis on end-of-life medical ethics. Father Saliga received a bachelor of science in nursing from Franciscan University and currently serves as postulant director and assistant novice master for the Eastern African Vicariate of the Dominican Order. He also serves as chaplain of Our Lady of Grace School in Kisumu, Kenya.
"Freedom to Flourish" is Booklet #339 of the Veritas Series from the Knights of Columbus and Catholic Information Service. It is available for free download online at the Knights of Columbus Web page: http://www.kofc.org/un/en/resources/cis/cis339.pdf. Bulk copies of the booklet also can be ordered from the Knights of Columbus Web site: http://alphadata.ws/cis_veritas.
For a recent article by Negri in Columbia magazine, the official magazine of the Knights of Columbus, on assisted suicide's failure to respect the dignity of the patient, go to http://www.kofc.org/un/en/columbia/detail/2012_01_assisted_suicide.html.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Bioethics, Publications, New, Franciscan University, Alumni, Euthenasia, End of Life Issues
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal
- Bring Mary of Nazareth home