Catholic Metal to release Metal Stations of the Cross
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONYERS, GA (January 23, 2012) - VIA CRUCIS provides a metal journey through the devotion of the Stations of the Cross. Available world-wide on Ash Wednesday.
Catholic Metal in conjunction with Phrygian Phish Musical Productions is proud to announce the release of a unique musical journey of the Stations of the Cross on Ash Wednesday, February 22, 2012. The album, Via Crucis, consists of fourteen songs in varying styles for the fourteen Stations of the Cross. Eight Catholic bands/artists from around the world participated in the recording of this album.
Over the course of the album, the listener will hear the great devotion of each of the musicians as they present this unique musical setting for the Stations of the Cross devotion. The flow of the album emulates the traditional Catholic devotion; each station is presented with an original song to reflect on the Station and end with a stanza of the Stabat Mater hymn. The variety of music on the album ranges from Katholicus’ stirring “Veronica,” to Malchus’ tour-de-force “Stripped of the World,” to Theandric’s acoustic song “XIV.” Other tracks are by pioneering Catholic hard rock/metal band Seven Sorrows, Latin prayer metal band Cradle Catholic, young Canadian industrial metal band Divine Blood, and the progressive thrash metal band Last Rites.
“Our focus of this album is not to bring metal into the Church,” states Sean Bailey from Phrygian Phish, “but to rather take the traditional devotion of our Lord’s Passion and death to the metal world.”
Album concept and management by Sean Bailey. All music mastered by Dave Flitton. All art for the album by Frank Flitton (Flitton Design and Divine Blood).
Catholic Metal was founded by Dave Flitton and is an online community of Catholics who either make metal music or are fans of metal music. On May 1, 2011, Catholic Metal released a compilation album of Catholic Metal songs entitled, Praising Him Loudly: Volume 1 to commemorate the beatification of John Paul II. That compilation is available via live streaming and as a free download at Catholicmetal.com.
Phrygian Phish Musical Productions is a music production enterprise for Sean Bailey’s creative projects. Phrygian Phish offers music composition services for various multi-media projects including films and games.
http://www.catholicmetal.com GA, 30094 US
Sean Bailey - Owner, 770-760-8326
Lent, Stations of the Cross, metal, Catholic
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary