SCA Christmas Collection for Catholic Charities
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WIXON, MI (January 20, 2012 -This Christmas the students at St. Catherine of Siena Academy spent their Advent collecting goodies for others. From the beginning of Advent through Monday, December 19, students were coming to school with bags of soup, mac ‘n’ cheese, tissues, shampoo, canned vegetables, coffee, hot chocolate…anything and everything that the local Catholic Charities food bank would need to help families in the surrounding area have a brighter Christmas.
Each homeroom took a patron saint and a particular category of items to collect. St. Ann had canned goods, St. Patrick non-perishable items, Queen Esther paper goods, and Mother Teresa personal care items. The four homerooms kept up a friendly competition of which group could bring in the most items throughout the drive.
Throughout the month, the lead would shift day-to-day. There were weekly winners, but the final tally on the last day was a come-from-behind win by St. Patrick’s homeroom, with Queen Esther just two items behind. The students in St. Patrick’s homeroom earned themselves a dress down day…perhaps in St. Patrick’s honor they’ll be wearing green that day (instead of purple!).
St. Catherine of Siena Academy
http://www.saintcatherineacademy.org MI, 48393 US
Lia Johnston - Director of Development, 248-946-4848
St Catherine, Academy, Wixom, Michigan, Catholic
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Joy of the Gospel Retreat for Priests Offered
- Media Advisory - Cardinal, other experts participate in Tele-Press Conference
- Discover the Rich History of the Catholic Church in America
- Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?
- Franciscan University Symposia to Celebrate 25 Years of John Paul II's Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Join RealOptions at Ignite Life 2014!
- New Edition of Writings by a Prophetic Pope
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel
- 'Power of Beauty' Conference to Discuss Role of Beauty in Everyday Life