Dominican Brennan School of Business hosts Christopher Chair in Business Ethics Lecture
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
River Forest, IL (January 10, 2012) - The Brennan School of Business at Dominican University will present the annual Christopher Chair in Business Ethics Lecture, delivered by internationally renowned ethicist Oliver Williams, CSC, on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. The lecture will be held in Parmer Hall, room 108, on Dominicanís Main Campus, 7900 Division Street, River Forest, with a public reception preceding at 6:00 p.m. in the Parmer Hall Atrium.
Oliver Williams, CSC, who is serving as the Brennan School of Business 2012 Christopher Chair, is director of the Notre Dame Center for Ethics and Religious Values in Business in the Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame. He has written extensively on business ethics, corporate governance and Catholic social teaching and served as editor or author of 15 books, including Peace Through Commerce: Responsible Corporate Citizenship and the Ideals of the United Nations Global Compact.
In 2006, Williams was appointed to the board of directors at the United Nations Global Compact Foundation, the worldís largest voluntary corporate citizenship initiative addressing human rights, the prevention of violent conflict and contributions to world peace.
Williams is a Catholic priest in the Congregation of the Holy Cross and a former Naval officer. He earned his doctorate from Vanderbilt University and his bachelorís and masterís degrees from the University of Notre Dame. He served as associate provost at Notre Dame from 1987-94 and is a past chair of the Social Issues Division of the Academy of Management.
The Christopher Chair in Business Ethics is a visiting scholar position established 2002 by Doris and Jay Christopher to focus on ethical business practices.
Founded in 1977, the School of Business at Dominican University was named in honor of Edward A. Brennan, former chairman and chief executive officer of Sears, Roebuck and Co., and his wife Lois L. Brennan, an alumna of Dominican. The school is a leader in ethics-centered management, emphasizing business ethics in its curriculum.
http://www.dom.edu/newsroom/press/2012/january/article_0005.html IL, 60305 US
Dan Armstrong - Public Relations Manager, 708-524-6452
Dominican University, Notre Dame, Oliver F. Williams, business, ethics, economics, social justice
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Spring Break Missions: Bringing the Love of Christ to the World
- Defending Traditional Marriage: Dr. Ryan Anderson Presents Marriage and the State
- Catawba River Baroque Featured at Gaudium Musicae
- DUFFY BOOK GIVES HOPE TO DIVORCED CATHOLICS
- Walsh University Hosts Third Annual Catholic Schools Photo Contest
- Internationally Published Author, Chris Benguhe Releases his Latest Book, The Best of A Better View.
- Power and Purpose Summer Conference
- Former Planned Parenthood employee is Redeemed by Grace
- The Third Edition of Clean of Heart is Now Available Through Createspace
- Thu, Mar 19, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Charles Lueras, Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church