Catholic World Report going all-digital online
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Tim Lilley, 678-990-9032 or
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032 or
Carl E. Olson named Editor of CatholicWorldReport.com
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (December 28, 2011) – After 20 years of continuous publication by Ignatius Press, Catholic World Report is moving exclusively online beginning Jan. 1, 2012. Carl E. Olson, editor of Ignatius Insight and a prolific author, has been named editor of the digital online publication.
“The rapid growth of electronic sources of news and opinion has led to the demise of many (print) magazines,” Ignatius Press Founder and Editor Fr. Joseph Fessio, S.J., said in a letter to subscribers, “and this is clearly a trend that is going to continue.”
One of the major advantages of the new Catholic World Report will be a more dynamic and flexible approach that takes advantage of the best of the Internet. Another is that CWR’s outstanding content will be available free to anyone, at any time.
“The idea (for the digital-only publication) is to continue to have longer, detailed stories and analysis,” Olson said, “combined with more brief notes and remarks about current events and related items.” The new CatholicWorldReport.com will follow the “24-hour news cycle” born on the World Wide Web. Longtime readers of the magazine will find new original features every week supplemented by daily articles and posts from Olson, Managing Editor Cate Harmon, Ignatius Press President Mark Brumley and others.
“The nature of digital publication also will give us an opportunity to expand the variety of content we offer readers,” Olson added, “but all of it will remain faithful to Fr. Fessio’s original vision for Catholic World Report.”
Writing about the magazine’s history in its final print edition, original editor Robert Moynihan recalled why the publication was named Catholic World Report. “… we knew we wanted the charism of the publication to be evangelical,” he recalled, “a ‘report’ – not just hearsay or speculation or chit-chat, but a clear, reliable ‘report’ on what was happening in Rome and around the world – a report that would concern the Catholic Church, but also the entire world the Church is ‘in but not of.’”
The new CatholicWorldReport.com debuts Jan. 1, 2012.
To schedule an interview with Carl Olson contact Tim Lilley (TLilley@MaximusMG.com) or Kevin Wandra (KWandra@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group at 678-990-9032.
http://www.MaximusMG.com GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Catholic, Catholic World Report, Ignatius Press, Carl Olson,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources