Compartmentalized Life to Life for Christ: Randy Hain to Discuss Conversion on The Journey Home
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Liguori, MO (December 22, 2011) – When Randy Hain stopped attending the Baptist Church as a teenager, he entered a spiritual wilderness, from which he did not emerge until his decision 23 years later to join the Catholic Church. The 2005 convert, business executive, and author of The Catholic Briefcase: Tools for Integrating Faith and Work will discuss his path to the Catholic Church on EWTN’s “The Journey Home”, Dec. 26, at 8 pm EST.
During those 23 years without faith, Hain’s life was compartmentalized, focused on work and family. As a new convert, Hain was immediately faced with the challenge of ridding himself of the compartmentalized life he had been living and embracing a Christ-centered life that integrated his faith in all aspects, including at work. “While doing that, I found out that this was not just my problem, but a problem for many,” said Randy. “I’ve met scores of people in business whose notion of being Catholic at work means leading a Bible study over the lunch hour or evangelizing coworkers. It rarely occurs to us to think about our own faith journeys as an example we could set for others.”
Hain incorporated the lessons he learned in his book, The Catholic Briefcase: Tools for Integrating Faith and Work (Liguori Publications, 2011). Its premise is that working Catholics must make Christ the center of their lives, including their work lives, if they are to emanate the love of Christ in their daily actions and decisions.
In the book, Hain offers advice on finding time in the workday for prayer and reflection, creating better working relationships through more empathetic communication, making business decisions through the lens of faith, becoming good stewards of our gifts in the workplace, and leading by example. He points out that small steps each day eventually create profound personal change, causing us to radiate Christ’s love.
Randy Hain is a business executive and devoted family man. He is also the senior editor and cofounder of the Integrated Catholic Life eMagazine, at http://www.integratedcatholiclife.org.
Liguori Publications is a collaborative ministry of Redemptorist priests and brothers and lay staff whose mission is to spread the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world through our publications. Liguori can be reached at 1-800-325-9521. For more information online about The Catholic Briefcase, visit http://www.liguori.org/productdetails.cfm?PC=11907.
http://www.liguori.org/productdetails.cfm?PC=11907 MO, 63057-9999 US
Mary Brockgreitens - Publicist, 636-223-1534
Randy Hain, convert, faith in the workplace, The Catholic Briefcase, Integrated Catholic Life
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School
- Father Michael Gaitley to Appear on The Gist
- Surfer Bear Woznick to Appear on the CatholicTV Network
- Thirty Diocesan Seminarians from the USA Participate in a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME 'Rome Experience'
- Mother Agnes Donovan, Superior General for the Sisters of Life, Delivering IPS Commencement Address