In order to break the cycle of poverty, we must first start with the heart. Catholic Online School is something very special, providing FREE Catholic Education to anyone, anywhere. Learn more about the Catholic Online School
Help us create new hope with your donation. This year, please consider making a donation of $5, $20, $50 or whatever you can to support Catholic Online School. Support Catholic Online School
Pope Francis wants to change the Lord's Prayer - Here's why
By Marshall Connolly (Catholic Online)
12/8/2017 (1 month ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Pope Francis has proposed changing the text of the Lord's Prayer to make it a little less confusing for some. The change has already caught on.
Pope Francis wants to change the Lord's Prayer to make it more clear.
LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) - Pope Francis has suggested a change in the Lord's Prayer, which may be the most famous prayer in Christianity.
The prayer, which was given to us by Jesus Christ, and is found in the Book of Matthew, includes a line which some Christians say is confusing. It reads, "...lead us not into temptation."
Pope Francis has suggested the line be retranslated to read: "...do not let us fall into temptation."
The Pope explained in an interview that, "A father does not do that, a father helps you to get up immediately."
To be clear, Pope Francis is not actually changing the Lord's prayer, but rather clearing up the translation to ensure people clearly understand what is meant.
Language is fluid and changes with time, hence the need for updated translations.
The change has already caught on with the Catholic Church in France approving the clarified phrase for use. The translation is optional. If the early adoption by the French Chruch is any indication, the rest of the world may follow quickly.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JANUARY 2018
Religious Minorities in Asia. That Christians, and other religious minorities in Asian countries, may be able to practise their faith in full freedom.
by Catholic Online
- Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, Christian Leader and Human Rights ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, January 16, 2018
- Welcome the stranger without fear!
- St. Fursey: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, January 16, 2018
- Twitter Ban: Censorship on "a way of talking" -- does that include ...
- The nuns who witnessed the life and passing of Dr. King
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 16th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 15th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 14th, 2018 HD
- President Trump orders stealth bombers to Guam in greatest show of force yet HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way