Vatican releases Egypt papal schedule, official logo and one more exciting announcement
Pope Francis will be paying Egypt a visit on April 28 and 29. Though it is only a two-day trip, Pope Francis will be extremely busy and an official logo has already been released.
Pope Francis' Egypt schedule and official logo have been released.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - According to Vatican Radio, Pope Francis will arrive in Cairo and spend the majority of his time there.
The schedule includes local times, with Eastern Daylight Time in parentheses:
Friday, April 28 (Rome, Cairo)
- 10:45 a.m. (4:45 a.m.), Departure from Rome's Leonardo da Vinci International Airport for Cairo.
- 2 p.m. (8 a.m.), Arrival at Cairo airport. Official welcoming ceremony at the Heliopolis presidential palace. Courtesy visits with el-Sissi and Sheik el-Tayeb. Speeches by the grand imam and the pope to participants in an international conference on peace.
- 4:40 p.m. (10:40 a.m.), Meeting with local authorities. Speeches by el-Sissi and Pope Francis. Courtesy visit to Pope Tawadros. Speeches by Pope Tawadros and Pope Francis.
Saturday, April 29 (Cairo, Rome)
- 10:00 a.m. (4:00 a.m.), Mass in Cairo. Homily by pope.
- 12:15 p.m. (6:15 a.m.), Lunch with Egypt's bishops and the papal entourage.
- 3:15 p.m. (9:15 a.m.), Prayer gathering with clergy, men and women religious, and seminarians. Speech by pope. Farewell ceremony.
- 5 p.m. (11 a.m.), Departure from Cairo airport for Rome.
- 8:30 p.m. (2:30 p.m.), Arrival at Rome's Ciampino airport.
The Vatican released the official logo:
The official logo for Pope Francis' papal visit to Egypt (Vatican Radio).
The words "Pope of peace in Egypt of peace" in English and Arabic are at the bottom of the logo while Pope Francis waves, a dove flies and Egyptian monuments stand in all their splendor before a rising sun.
The Nile River is also present, which is symbolic of life. The pyramids and Sphinx highlight the history of the civilization and the Cross and Crescent Moon at the center of the logo represent the coexistence among the Egyptian people.
The dove signifies peace and is meant to be seen as an announcement for Pope Francis.
The beautiful logo was released late last month but many have yet to see it's meaningful design.
The Vatican made a third announcement concerning the upcoming papal visit.
Patriarch Bartholomew is expected to join Pope Francis in Cairo, where he will visit al-Azhar centre of Islamic studies.
Pope Francis and Patriarch Bartholomew were both invited by the Grand Imam of al-Azhar, Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb to attend an international peace conference.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JUNE 2017
National Leaders. That national leaders may firmly commit themselves to ending the arms trade, which victimizes so many innocent people.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Catholic chapel brutally attacked, religious icons destroyed with ...
- Can Catholic culture thrive on the internet and social media?
- Older Catholics play IMPORTANT role in shaping new generations, says ...
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD Video
- St. Cyril of Alexandria: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD