EUCHARISTIC MIRACLE: Bleeding host becomes official after unbelievable DNA testing
A bleeding Host, located in Poland, has been approved for veneration and is being described as having "the hallmarks of a Eucharistic miracle."
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - On December 25, 2013, a consecrated host fell to the ground during a Christmas day Mass. According to Bishop Zbigniew Kiernikowski of Legnica, the host was immediately placed in a container of water and soon after, the red stains began to appear on the host.
Following this miraculous discovery, the then-Bishop of Legnica, Stefan Cichy, initiated a commission to monitor the host, according to Catholic News Agency.
Two months after the appearance of the red stains, a small piece of the host was placed on a corporal and was tested by many research institutes.
The final statement by the Department of Forensic Medicine read, "in the histopathological image, the fragments (of the Host) were found containing the fragmented parts of the cross-striated muscle. It is most similar to the heart muscle. Tests also determined the tissue to be of human origin, and found that it bore signs of distress."
Bishop Kiernikowski announced on April 17 that after taking the discovery to the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in January 2016, he received news that, by recommendation from the Holy See, he was to set up a "suitable place for the host so that the faithful could venerate it."
"I hope that this will serve to deepen the cult of the Eucharist and will have deep impact on the lives of people facing the Relic," expressed Bishop Kiernikowski. "We see the mysterious Sign as an extraordinary act of love and goodness of God, who comes to humans in ultimate humiliation."
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for SEPTEMBER 2017
Parishes. That our parishes, animated by a missionary spirit, may be places where faith is communicated and charity is seen.
by Catholic Online
- Intro to Novena to Our Lady of Fatima for Conversion HD Video
- North Korea moves warplanes to intercept American bombers
- Pope Francis speaks about 'Love of Neighbor'
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Prayers for Puerto Rico - Residents without food, water or ...
- St. Vincent de Paul: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Humanitarian crisis worsens in Puerto Rico HD
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD