EUCHARISTIC MIRACLE: Bleeding host becomes official after unbelievable DNA testing
A bleeding Host, located in Poland, has been approved for veneration and is being described as having "the hallmarks of a Eucharistic miracle."
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - On December 25, 2013, a consecrated host fell to the ground during a Christmas day Mass. According to Bishop Zbigniew Kiernikowski of Legnica, the host was immediately placed in a container of water and soon after, the red stains began to appear on the host.
Following this miraculous discovery, the then-Bishop of Legnica, Stefan Cichy, initiated a commission to monitor the host, according to Catholic News Agency.
Two months after the appearance of the red stains, a small piece of the host was placed on a corporal and was tested by many research institutes.
The final statement by the Department of Forensic Medicine read, "in the histopathological image, the fragments (of the Host) were found containing the fragmented parts of the cross-striated muscle. It is most similar to the heart muscle. Tests also determined the tissue to be of human origin, and found that it bore signs of distress."
Bishop Kiernikowski announced on April 17 that after taking the discovery to the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in January 2016, he received news that, by recommendation from the Holy See, he was to set up a "suitable place for the host so that the faithful could venerate it."
"I hope that this will serve to deepen the cult of the Eucharist and will have deep impact on the lives of people facing the Relic," expressed Bishop Kiernikowski. "We see the mysterious Sign as an extraordinary act of love and goodness of God, who comes to humans in ultimate humiliation."
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for OCTOBER 2017
Workers and the Unemployed. That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.
by Catholic Online
- Deacon Keith Fournier on Thanksgiving Day and the Need to Return to God
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Bl. Miguel Pro: Saint of the Day for Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Priest: Adoration has made Juarez safer
- Quotes of the Saints - Five saints have a message for you on this ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Will 2018 be the year the Big One hits California? The news media makes a shocking claim HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, November 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, November 24th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way