"Quarantines" is an expression frequently used in the grants of indulgences, and signifies a strict ecclesiastical penance of forty days, performed according to the practice of the early Church. Hence an indulgence of seven quarantines, for instance, implies the remission of as much temporal punishment as would be blotted out by the corresponding amount of ecclesiastical penance.
More Volume: Q 37
Click/Touch the sub-volume below to view encyclopedia articles within the sub-volume.
by Catholic Online
- President Donald Trump breaks record for most prayers in inaugural ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Our Bishops Invite YOU to Make a Digital Pilgrimage: 9 Days for Life
- Daily Readings for Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Pope Francis refers to Martin Luther to spread important message for ...
- Defying abortion one life at a time - New pro-life show attempts to ...
- St. Agnes: Saint of the Day for Saturday, January 21, 2017
- We Help Writers Become Authors. Get Your Free Christian Publishing Guide
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 23rd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 21st, 2017 HD
- Desperate, hopeless mother-to-be receives miracle after praying novena to St. Joseph & St. Gerard HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.