What we believe about Jesus
Who is Jesus Christ?
Jesus Christ is God the Son, who became man for us.
Is Jesus Christ truly God?
Jesus Christ is truly God, the Second Person of the Trinity, the Son, the Eternal Word, who with the Father and the Holy Spirit always was, is, and always will be.
'In the beginning was the Word' (John 1:1)
Is Jesus Christ truly Man?
Jesus Christ is truly man because he has the nature of man, having a body and soul.
Was Jesus Christ always man?
Jesus Christ was not always man but he became man in the womb of the Virgin Mary.
What do we call the mystery of God becoming Man?
We call this mystery 'the Incarnation' which means that God the Son, became man, a human being like us in all things except sin. 'the Word was made Flesh and dwelt among us' (John 1:14).
How many natures are there in Jesus?
There are two natures in Jesus, the Divine nature of God and he Human nature of man.
How many persons are there in Jesus?
There is only one person in Jesus, the person of God the Son.
Why did God the Son become Man?
God the Son became man to free us from sin and open to us the way to Heaven and everlasting life with God.
What does the name 'Jesus' mean?
The name 'Jesus' means 'Saviour'.
What does the name 'Christ' mean?
The name 'Christ' means 'Anointed'.
What do these names tell us ?
That Jesus was anointed by God the Father to be our Saviour.
by Catholic Online
- 26 Coptic Christians BRUTALLY MURDERED on bus to St. Samuel Monastery ...
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- Catholic Hostages: Filipino Cardinal prays for Islamic militants to ...
- Bl. Margaret Pole: Saint of the Day for Sunday, May 28, 2017
- Daily Readings for Sunday, May 28, 2017
- First US female genital mutilation case tries to use Religious ...
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.