In order to break the cycle of poverty, we must first start with the heart. Catholic Online School is something very special, providing FREE Catholic Education to anyone, anywhere. Learn more about the Catholic Online School
Help us create new hope with your donation. This year, please consider making a donation of $5, $20, $50 or whatever you can to support Catholic Online School. Support Catholic Online School
What we believe about Jesus
Who is Jesus Christ?
Jesus Christ is God the Son, who became man for us.
Is Jesus Christ truly God?
Jesus Christ is truly God, the Second Person of the Trinity, the Son, the Eternal Word, who with the Father and the Holy Spirit always was, is, and always will be.
'In the beginning was the Word' (John 1:1)
Is Jesus Christ truly Man?
Jesus Christ is truly man because he has the nature of man, having a body and soul.
Was Jesus Christ always man?
Jesus Christ was not always man but he became man in the womb of the Virgin Mary.
What do we call the mystery of God becoming Man?
We call this mystery 'the Incarnation' which means that God the Son, became man, a human being like us in all things except sin. 'the Word was made Flesh and dwelt among us' (John 1:14).
How many natures are there in Jesus?
There are two natures in Jesus, the Divine nature of God and he Human nature of man.
How many persons are there in Jesus?
There is only one person in Jesus, the person of God the Son.
Why did God the Son become Man?
God the Son became man to free us from sin and open to us the way to Heaven and everlasting life with God.
What does the name 'Jesus' mean?
The name 'Jesus' means 'Saviour'.
What does the name 'Christ' mean?
The name 'Christ' means 'Anointed'.
What do these names tell us ?
That Jesus was anointed by God the Father to be our Saviour.
by Catholic Online
- St. Anthony the Abbot: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- Eminem speaks about his experience with abortion
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- CDC: Swine flu joining killer influenza outbreak, expected to become ...
- Annual National Prayer Service Unites Christians
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 18th, 2018 HD Video
- Now more than 215 million persecuted Christians worldwide
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 HD
- Twitter Ban: Censorship on "a way of talking" -- does that include Christian speech? HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 16th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 15th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way