What we believe about Jesus
Who is Jesus Christ?
Jesus Christ is God the Son, who became man for us.
Is Jesus Christ truly God?
Jesus Christ is truly God, the Second Person of the Trinity, the Son, the Eternal Word, who with the Father and the Holy Spirit always was, is, and always will be.
'In the beginning was the Word' (John 1:1)
Is Jesus Christ truly Man?
Jesus Christ is truly man because he has the nature of man, having a body and soul.
Was Jesus Christ always man?
Jesus Christ was not always man but he became man in the womb of the Virgin Mary.
What do we call the mystery of God becoming Man?
We call this mystery 'the Incarnation' which means that God the Son, became man, a human being like us in all things except sin. 'the Word was made Flesh and dwelt among us' (John 1:14).
How many natures are there in Jesus?
There are two natures in Jesus, the Divine nature of God and he Human nature of man.
How many persons are there in Jesus?
There is only one person in Jesus, the person of God the Son.
Why did God the Son become Man?
God the Son became man to free us from sin and open to us the way to Heaven and everlasting life with God.
What does the name 'Jesus' mean?
The name 'Jesus' means 'Saviour'.
What does the name 'Christ' mean?
The name 'Christ' means 'Anointed'.
What do these names tell us ?
That Jesus was anointed by God the Father to be our Saviour.
by Catholic Online
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 27, 2017
- A victory for Christianity - President Trump bans transgenderism in ...
- St. Pantaleon: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD Video
- A new coalition for Christian orthodoxy
- Defrocked pedophile priest, convicted after 'Spotlight' ...
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD