Backstreet Boys are back - new album, star, world tour upcoming
Group celebrates 20 year anniversary.
The iconic 90s band, the Backstreet Boys have returned to Los Angeles with a star on the Hollywood walk of fame, and a new album.
The band has sold more than 130 million records since their start.
The band was on hand to get their star on the Walk of Fame Monday, which places them firmly in the ranks of other entertainment icons. It will also serve as a shrine for their millions of adoring fans.
Some of those fans gathered by the hundreds over weekend to preview their new music and take photos with the band. The crowd was packed with women in their 30s and 40s, who for the price of just $150, were able to fulfill their decades-old dreams of posing with the band for a snapshot.
Brian Litrell, 38, told Entertainment Weekly, "Hopefully we still have the fans out there who do that and have that personal connection and remember when they were 10, 13, or 18 and listen to the album from start to finish. I hope that happens with the new record."
Interestingly, while we may regard the backstreet Boys as a "boy band" they themselves eschew the label, saying instead they are a "vocal group." Fans know they used to enjoy performing a capella on many occasions in their youth.
The group will start a world tour next month, opening with a performance in China.
Their new album along with a documentary film about their work will be released in 2014.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Music News
- What's love got to do with it? Tina Turner relinquishes U.S. citizenship
- Swedish super group ABBA may reunite next year
- John McVie stricken: Fleetwood Mac cancels tour dates
- Influential rocker Lou Reed dies at 71
- Singer Rihanna poses for naughty, haughty photos at mosque - and is accused of disrespect
- Singer Elton John denounced as the 'Devil's Work' by Russian religious leader
- 'Say no when you are asked to prostitute yourself' singer Sinead O'Connor tells Miley Cyrus
- Parkinson's disease robs Linda Ronstadt of her ability to sing
- Devo drummer, who exhorted others to 'Whip It' dies
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?