Knights of the Holy Eucharist Announce Facebook Page
Young men 18 and older interested in our community are welcome to visit for up to two weeks. This way they can participate in our work and prayer and make a pilgrimage to this Shrine.Knights of the Holy Eucharist Announce Facebook Page
Brother David with Mother Angelica
HANCEVILLE, AL (Knights of the Holy Eucharist) - The Knights of the Holy Eucharist is a community of consecrated men loyal to the Holy Father, consecrated to Mary, and dedicated to adoring Our Eucharistic King and promoting reverent devotion to Him. Mother Angelica founded the community in 1998.
Throughout the day, the Knights take scheduled shifts for adoration to pray and to protect our Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament. Other duties include assisting pilgrims who visit the Shrine; serving Masses and Holy Hours; providing transportation for guests and hospitality for visiting clergy, brothers, and seminarians; and maintaining and caring for the grounds and buildings. Recreation is also a part of the Knights' day.
To become a Knight of the Holy Eucharist, a young man needs to meet the following requirements:
* Be a single Catholic in good standing with no legal responsibilities.
* Have good physical and mental stability.
* Be a high school graduate at least 18 years old.
* Have the ability to perform strenuous manual labor.
* Have a desire to serve and not to be served.
The Knights of the Holy Eucharist are pleased to announce their Facebook page. This page is a great way to keep up with the latest happenings of the Knights, see recent photos, and find links to solid Catholic material. Be sure to visit and "like" the page.
In the Middle Ages, a knight was one elevated by a king to a position of special trust, service, and honor. He made the interests of his king his own; he served and protected his lord not for profit, but from selfless loyalty.
In like manner, Jesus is the Eucharistic King whom the Knights of the Holy Eucharist have pledged themselves to serve and to defend. The Knights' special mission is to foster reverent devotion to Our Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament.
Throughout the day, the Knights take scheduled shifts for adoration to pray and to protect our Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament. Other duties include giving talks and tours to pilgrims visiting the Shrine; doing sacristy work; serving Masses and Holy Hours; providing transportation and hospitality for visiting clergy, brothers, and seminarians; and maintaining and caring for the grounds and buildings. In order to achieve balance, times of recreation are also a part of the Knights' day.
These times of recreation strengthen the fraternal bond among the Knights, thus strengthening and uniting the community in their Eucharistic charism and apostolate of service.
If you are interested in learning more about theKnights of the Holy Eucharist, please contact them:
Knights of the Holy Eucharist
Attn.: Brother David
3222 County Road 548
Hanceville, AL 35077
Visit www.knightsoftheholyeucharist.com to learn more!
Latest Vocation News
Irish priest, Fr. Ray Kelly has an adaptation of Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah' that will move you to tears. The video, which has gone viral, ... continue reading
Fifty percent of friends and family discourage vocation calls - 200 men and women chose God anyway Watch
There were 216 Catholic women and men religious who took perpetual vows in the U.S. in 2016, and an annual survey has aimed to take their ... continue reading
Everyone, but especially consecrated men and women, Pope Francis said Thursday, are called to be leaven in the world, bringing Christ to ... continue reading
Why are so many people forsaking or eschewing religious life? This is the question Pope Francis addressed during the plenary meeting of the ... continue reading
A fresh and courageous perspective is needed when it comes to helping youth discern and discover their vocation, Pope Francis said ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Cultured meats coming to a store near you in 2018
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD ...
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD Video
- New research shows global warming is not your fault. Here's why
- Here are four martyrs who died, protecting the seal of confession
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- St. Philip Benizi: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD