It Is Time To Meet St. Philomena
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SERENA, IL (June 18, 2011) - Relics of "St. Philomena, Patroness of the Children of Mary" are coming to Our Sorrowful Mother's Ministry in Vandalia, IL. There will be a free of charge retreat the weekend of Sept. 23-25, 2011 for veneration and prayer to this young saint. Relics, rosaries and blessed St. Philomena oil will be available for purchase during this event.
Retreat Master for the weekend will be Fr. Bob Vennetti, a priest of the Marrians of the Immaculate Conception in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. Retreat begins with mass at 4pm on Friday and ends by noon on Sunday. Friday dinner and Saturday lunch will available for purchase on site. Registration can be easily made on our website. Simply register for the September 23 event.
Credited with countless miracles and intercessions since discovery of her tomb in the most ancient catacombs of St. Priscilla in Rome in 1802, St. Philomena is prayed to by people of diverse ages, culture and social standing around the world.
The young virgin who was martyred at age 13, willingly traded her earthly life for heavenly salvation and continues her work today promoting the virtues of purity and sanctity among the world’s youth and bringing the faithful closer to our Blessed Mother and Jesus Christ. It would seem she was held in quiet reserve by God for nearly seventeen centuries and summoned at a time when so much uncertainty and absence of faith abound.
She is the Patroness of the Children of Mary. Her mission today is to draw us to the Immaculate Heart of Mary through imitation of her heroic virtues of purity, obedience and humility. Saint Philomena is an anchor of HOPE in this dark age of despair.
Saint Philomena, virgin and Martyr, pray for us that through thy powerful intercession we may obtain that purity of mind and heart which leads to the perfect love of God. Amen.
http://www.osmm.org IL, 60549 US
Kathleen Tuntland - ,
Philomena, Fr.Bob Vennetti, Relics
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Celebrate National Catholic Sisters Week with Lent at Ephesus
- CCBQ Kicks off St. Patrick’s Weekend with the Alumni Networking Reception
- The CatholicTV Network to air Lenten Retreat Guides with Father John Bartunek
- Brian Miller of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, to Appear on The CatholicTV Network
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ashes to Glory, Daily Lenten Reflections
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine
- Akerman-Teixeira Duo Featured at Gaudium Musicae