Churches around the country to host seminars to reduce crime and prepare for emergencies
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
From California to Virginia churches ready to become safer
CINCINNATI, OH (January 12, 2010) - There is no doubt that Christian churches need to become better prepared when it comes to security and emergency plans. The recent release of the 2009 report, “Crimes Against Christian Organizations in the United States” by the Christian Security Network, clearly shows the risks to life and property.
“Churches from around the country are trying to be proactive in making their houses of worship safer and more secure by hosting seminars for their staff and other area churches; we are excited to see their enthusiasm and the diversity in the host churches. They are rural, urban, and suburban churches from all denominations and demographics”, stated Jeffrey A. Hawkins, executive director of the Christian Security Network (www.christiansecuritynetwork.org)
From January to April there are 15 training opportunities in 10 states where churches are hosting these fast paced, full-day seminars.
The locations, churches, and dates are as follows:
Chattanooga, Tennessee Empowerment Church - January 23
Bowling Green, Kentucky Living Hope Baptist Church - January 28
Moberly, Missouri Timber Lake Christian Church - January 30
Charlotte, North Carolina Calvary Church - February 6
Fredericksburg, Virginia New Life in Christ Church - February 12 & 13
Peoria, Illinois St. Paul Baptist - February 20
Cincinnati, Ohio Parkside Christian Church - February 27
Goodyear, Arizona Desert Springs Community Church - March 6
Hemet, California First Baptist Church - March 12 & 13
Somerset, New Jersey First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens - March 20
Lincoln, Illinois Jefferson Street Christian Church - March 27
Chesapeake, Virginia Kingdom Life Ministries - April 9 & 10
In addition to the security seminars during the day, many locations will also be hosting an evening lecture “Keeping Christian Woman Safe in an Un-Christian World”.
Jeff Hawkins and church representatives are available for interviews on this topic by telephone. Hawkins is a 30-year veteran of law enforcement and security and formerly chief security officer for an international Christian ministry. He is frequently quoted in magazines, newspapers, radio, and television.
The Christian Security Network (www.christiansecuritynetwork.com) is a national organization dedicated to the advancement of security, safety, and emergency planning for the Christian community.
Christian Security Network
http://www.christiansecuritynetwork.org OH, 45253 US
Jeffrey Hawkins - Executive Director, 800 805-7126
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources