Priest Training - Extraordinary Form - 1962 Missale Romanum
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (DECEMBER 20, 2008) - Ever since Pope Benedict XVI issued Summorum Pontificum in 2007, the Canons Regular of St. John Cantius in Chicago have been hard at work in educating priests how to offer the Extraordinary Form of the Mass according to the 1962 Missale Romanum.
Since many approach the Canons Regular to learn more about the Extraordinary Form, it is advantageous to offer group workshops for priests, deacons, seminarians, and for the lay faithful so that Catholics will better appreciate the celebration of the Classical Roman Rite..
Working in cooperation with the Archdiocese of Chicago, the Canons Regular received the blessing of Francis Cardinal George, O.M.I., Archbishop of Chicago, to carry out this work of formation.
The next workshop for Priests and Seminarians will be held from February 9 - 13 , 2009 at the Cardinal Stritch Retreat House on the campus of Chicago's Mundelein Seminary (P.O. Box 455 - 1000 E Maple Ave. Mundelein, IL 60060-0455). Visit the Stritch House online at www.stritchretreat.org.
This February training session will assist beginners in the celebration of Low Mass (Missa Lecta) and more advanced students in the celebration of the High Mass (Missa Cantata).
Registration Costs for Priests
Registration Costs for Seminarians
Questions about our training program, should be directed to:
Rev. Scott A. Haynes, S.J.C.
Canons Regular of St. John Cantius
825 N. Carpenter Street
Chicago, IL 60642
Those interested to learn the Extraordinary Form of the Latin Roman Rite (1962 Missale Romanum) will have a special opportunity over a period of five days to study the Traditional Latin Mass with the Canons Regular, as well as an opportunity to gain experience with the Traditional Roman Liturgy through hands-on demonstration, conferences and question/answer sessions.
Each day the Mass will be celebrated according to the 1962 Missale Romanum. Low Mass and High Mass will be celebrated at all workshops. At some workshops Solemn Mass and Pontifical Mass will be celebrated additionally.
Every workshop will provide:
* Instruction in the Rubrics of the 1962 Missale Romanum
* Instruction in the Low Mass (Missa Privata)
* Instruction in the High Mass (Missa Cantata)
* Instruction in the Gregorian Chant for the Priest
* Instruction in the Pronunciation of Ecclesiastical Latin
Questions about the registration process or about the facilities at the Cardinal Stritch Retreat House can be directed towards:
Deacon Richard Hudzik - Retreat House Director
Phone: 847.566.6060 & Fax: 847.566.6082
To download a registration form go to:
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.sanctamissa.org/workshops/ IL, 60642 US
Fr. Scott Haynes, SJC - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Priests learn the Traditional Latin Mass
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS