Catholics Returning Home at St. Mary of the Lakes
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Parish-based program designed to invite non-practicing Catholics to resume active practice of their faith
Medford, NJ (DECEMBER 8, 2008) - St. Mary of the Lakes parish is offering a program for Catholics who have been away from the Church and are seeking answers to questions about returning. The six-week series is called Catholics Returning Home and begins January 12, 2009, at 7:30 p.m. in the parish office, 40 Jackson Road, Medford, New Jersey.
The informal listening sessions include sharing and an update of the Catholic faith. Participants are free to attend as many sessions as their schedules allow.
The 2009 winter schedule for Catholics Returning Home at St. Mary of the Lakes is:
- Monday, January 12, 7:30 p.m. - 8:45 p.m. Topic: Welcome, Overview of Series, Faith Sharing
- Monday, January 19, 7:30 p.m. - 8:45 p.m. Topic: “Stories of Faith from Catholics Returning Home” Video, Discussion, Faith Sharing
- Monday, January 26, 7:30 p.m. - 8:45 p.m. Topic: The Church Today: Explanation of Changes Since Vatican II (Mass in English, Involvement, Bible Study)
- Monday, February 2, 7:30 p.m. - 8:45 p.m. Topic: The Mass: Explanation and Historical Overview
- Monday, February 9, 7:30 p.m. - 8:45 p.m. Explanation of the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession)
- Monday, February 16, 7:30 p.m. - 8:45 p.m. Topic: Explanation of the Nicene Creed: What Catholics Believe
All are welcome. Participants do not have to live in Medford or be registered with St. Mary of the Lakes parish. For more information or to register in advance, call 609-654-8208, ext. 113, or e-mail: email@example.com.
About Catholics Returning Home
Catholics Returning Home is a parish-based program designed to reach out and invite non-practicing / inactive Catholics to return “home to the Catholic Church” and resume active practice of their faith. The informational sessions provide updated information on the basics of Catholicism in a non-threatening group format.
About St. Mary of the Lakes
Inspired by God's word, St. Mary of the Lakes is a community of Christians who, through meaningful prayer and sacramental life, seek to love one another as Christ loves us and to fulfill this love through acceptance of and service to all people.
# # #
St. Mary of the Lakes
http://www.smlparish.org/Catholics%20Returning%20Home.pdf NJ, 08055 US
Rita Mroz - Team Leader, CRH, 609 654-8208
Catholics Returning Home
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards