The Way of the Christian Samurai - New Book Provides Reflections for Christians from the Samurai
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Mt. Laurel, NJ, JUNE 21, 2007 - As Japanese culture becomes more prominent in American entertainment, mysterious and awe-inspiring tales of the samurai have become more familiar to the Western world. A new book, The Way of the Christian Samurai: Reflections for Servant-Warriors of Christ (ISBN 0-9772234-6-9) explores how the advice and stories of real samurai can help modern-day Christians.
As Christians, we are called to be both servants and warriors for Jesus Christ. The samurai, whose very title means “one who serves,” were skillful warriors of feudal Japan who devoted themselves fully to the service of their masters, willing even to sacrifice their lives in service to their lord. Christians are also called by their Lord, Jesus, to take up their cross and follow Him, and to seek to lose their life for His sake (Matthew 16:24-25).
While fantastic legends and stories of the samurai are plentiful, The Way of the Christian Samurai draws from primary sources – notes, essays, and books written by real samurai from Japan’s feudal era. Their advice on everything from overcoming fear, giving counsel to others, serving one’s Lord, and self-sacrifice are remarkably applicable to the life of the modern Christian.
Author Paul Nowak ties the advice of these servant-warriors of old, pointing out how the selections from samurai texts relate to Christian teachings found in the Scriptures.
The book is a matchless resource for Christians intrigued by the mythos of the samurai or Japanese culture, or for pastors and other spiritual leaders who are looking for anecdotes that illustrate Biblical ideals. Christian parents whose children enjoy Japanimation, Anime, and Manga will find it a useful tool in understanding their children’s interests and in ministering to them.
The Way of the Christian Samurai: Reflections for Servant-Warriors of Christ is available for purchase at http://www.Christian-Samurai.com, as well as from booksellers Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.
Review copies are available for established publications and media personalities. Please email your requests for review copies to email@example.com.
http://www.christian-samurai.com NJ, US
Paul Nowak - President, 856 5772869
christian, samurai, japanese
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?