The CatholicTV Network to Air Pallium Mass on the Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (June 23,2014) On June 29, the feast of Saints Peter and Paul, Pope Francis will impose the pallium, a thin strip of white wool, emblazoned with six black crosses, on newly appointed archbishops. The pallium is a liturgical vestment worn by a metropolitan archbishop demonstrating his metropolitan authority and unity with the See of Peter. The Mass and imposition will air on LIVE on CatholicTV Saturday June 29th, at 3:30 AM ET re-airing at 11 AM and 8 PM.
From the Basilica of St. Peter Pope Francis confers the pallium for the second time since his election as Pope. The ritual ceremony was modified by Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI in 2012, with the rite of conferral taking place before the Mass, rather than after the homily as it had previously.
Among those receiving the pallium this year at is Archbishop Leonard P. Blair named to the Archdiocese of Hartford (CT) in October 2013. Archbishop Blair’s Installation as the fifth Archbishop of Hartford aired on CatholicTV and CatholicTV.com. A group from the archdiocese is making a pilgrimage to Rome to celebrate the conferral at St. Peter’s Square. To learn more visit www.ArchdioceseofHartford.org
Footage of other major events in the American Catholic Church and the Vatican may be viewed at www.CatholicTV.com CatholicTV is a non-profit and all videos at CatholicTV.com are viewable without charge or obligation.
CatholicTV streams its broadcast 24 hours per day at CatholicTV.com. Site visitors need only click on the word “watch” on the upper right corner of the website.
Established in 1955 as a television ministry in service to the Archdiocese of Boston. CatholicTV is a nationally-broadcasted cable television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, web site, and mobile apps. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
Pope, Archbishop Blair
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?