The Catholic University of America Baccalaureate Mass to air LIVE on The CatholicTV Network
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, DC (May 15, 2014) - At 4p.m. on Friday May 16, the CatholicTV Network will air The Catholic University of America Baccalaureate Mass from the Great Upper Church in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, in Washington, DC. The Mass will re-air at 11:30p.m. on CatholicTV and CatholicTV.com
The Baccalaureate Mass precedes Catholic University's 125th Annual Commencement Ceremony which takes place on Saturday, May 17. The Mass is offered in thanksgiving for the approximately 1,500 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees which will be conferred during the Commencement.
Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle, archbishop of Manila, will serve as the principal celebrant and homilist at the Baccalaureate Mass for the graduating students. Cardinal Tagle is a double alumnus of Catholic University. Ordained in 1982, Cardinal Tagle earned a licentiate in sacred theology in 1987 and a doctorate in theology in 1991.
Cardinal Tagle known as Cardinal Chito, will receive an honorary Doctor of Theology degree at Commencement. Philip Rivers, Pro Bowl quarterback for the San Diego Chargers, will deliver the Commencement Address and receive an honorary degree. Andrea Riccardi, founder of the Community of Sant'Egidio will also receive an honorary degree.
Later this month the U.S. Cardinals will gather in New York City for the Annual CUA Scholarship Fundraiser. Founded in 1887 The Catholic University of America (CUA) is the only higher education institution founded by the U.S. Catholic bishops.
About the CatholicTV Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national cable television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
Catholic education, Bishops, CUA
Newman Centers & Campus Ministries
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary