Leading European Statesman and Personal Friend of John Paul II to Speak at Franciscan University
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (October 21, 2013) - Rocco Buttiglione, an acclaimed Italian philosopher, Catholic statesman, and close friend of Blessed Pope John Paul II, will speak at Franciscan University of Steubenville on Monday, October 21.
Buttiglione's talk, "My Friendship With a Saint: What Blessed John Paul II Taught Me About Christian Witness," will be given at 7:00 p.m. in the Tony and Nina Gentile Gallery of the J.C. Williams Center. He will focus on Pope John Paul II's understanding of Christian witness, drawing on his unique vantage point as friend, trusted advisor, and spiritual son.
The lecture is sponsored by the Dietrich von Hildebrand Legacy Project.
Buttiglione is among the most prominent Catholic intellectuals in Italian public life today. He is currently a member of the Italian Chamber of Deputies, professor of political science at St. Pius V University in Rome, and member of the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences. He previously served as Italian Minister for European Affairs and then as Italian Minister for Cultural Assets and Activities.
Buttiglione will also deliver the Philosophy Department's annual Edith Stein Lecture on the topic: "Beyond Descartes: Intersubjectivity as Ground of Knowledge of the Self." That lecture will take place on Wednesday, October 23, at 4:00 p.m. in the Tony and Nina Gentile Gallery.
Both lectures are free and open to the public.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University, Steubenville, Rocco Buttiglione, John Paul II, Dietrich Von Hildebrand Legacy
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over
- ValLimar Jansen's latest album "a soulful experience"
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference