Extensive Coverage of World Youth Day on The CatholicTV Network
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (July 18, 2013) –The CatholicTV Network will provide live updates throughout World Youth Day from the CatholicTV studios. President Father Robert Reed and Massachusetts Teen Alex Grace Richards will provide live desk coverage.
World Youth Day (WYD) will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil starting with the Pope’s arrival on July 22, 2013.
In addition to coverage provided by Father Reed and Alexis Grace, Emily Abi-Kheirs, a student from the Archdiocese of Boston, will be the CatholicTV Network’s embedded reporter in Rio. Coverage will be augmented from user-submitted pictures, tweets, and videos submitted by using the hashtag #CTVWYD13 on Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Pope Francis has also announced that all participants in the July celebration of World Youth Day in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil will be eligible for a plenary indulgence.
Plenary indulgences will also be granted to those who participate in the World Youth Day observances by television, radio, or internet connections. In light of the extension of this indulgence to those who participate via media, please join the CatholicTV Network for coverage of this celebration.
The CatholicTV Network's World Youth 2013 Broadcast Schedule:
Monday, July 22: Pope Francis’ Arrival in Brazil LIVE 3 p.m. (rebroadcast 9 p.m.)
Tuesday, July 23: Opening Mass LIVE 5 p.m. (rebroadcast midnight)
Wednesday, July 24: Mass with Pope Francis at 12 p.m. (rebroadcast 8 p.m.)
Thursday, July 25: Papal Welcoming Ceremony LIVE 4:30 p.m. (rebroadcast midnight)
Friday, July 26: Angelus Domini LIVE 10:30 a.m.; Way of the Cross LIVE 4:30 p.m. (rebroadcast midnight)
Saturday, July 27: Prayer Vigil LIVE 7 p.m. (rebroadcast midnight)
Sunday, July 28: Closing Mass 11 a.m. (rebroadcast midnight); Pope's farewell 5:30 p.m. (rebroadcast 2 a.m. Monday)
All World Youth Day content can be found on The CatholicTV Network mobile apps. The mobile apps are available on iOS and Android devices worldwide. Content can be streamed live or watched on-demand free of charge. For more and how to download the apps visit www.CarryYourFaith.com. In addition, all events, including exclusive web-only content will also be available at www.CatholicTV.com/WYD.
The CatholicTV Network
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
World Youth Day, Rio, Indulgence, Catholic
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way
- CatholicTV Launches 2.0 of iOS app, Android 2.0 to soon follow
- OCP brings music to South Korea’s Asian Youth Day