Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
EVENT: Author Scott Hahn will host a LIVE online video chat to discuss his latest book, Consuming the Word and answer questions from the viewing audience.
WHEN: 8 p.m. Eastern, Wednesday, June 5, 2013.
WHERE: The event is open to the public and can be accessed online at www.imagecatholicbooks.com/livestream
FORMAT: Dr. Hahn will open with general comments about the book and his reasons for writing it, then will take questions from participants through the livestream chat room.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
In Consuming the Word: The New Testament and the Eucharist in the Early Church (May 28, 2013, Image Books), Dr. Scott Hahn examines some of Christianity's most basic terms and what they meant to the sacred authors, the apostolic preachers, and their first hearers.
At a time when the Church is embarking on a New Evangelization, Hahn shows us that if we read the Scriptures “in the Spirit in which they were written,” as the Church tells us we must, their religious meaning grows deeper and larger.
Key points include:
•Reveals the New Testament as a sacrament and not simply a document.
•Makes the connection between the Bible and the liturgy and explains why consuming the Word of God makes us hunger for the words of God.
•Looks at the importance of origin in Scripture with a tie-in to the New Evangelization.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Dr. Scott W. Hahn holds the Fr. Michael Scanlan Chair of Biblical Theology and the New Evangelization at Franciscan University of Steubenville, where he has taught since 1990, and is the Founder and President of the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology. In 2005, he was appointed as the Pope Benedict XVI Chair of Biblical Theology and Liturgical Proclamation at St. Vincent Seminary in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. Dr. Hahn is also the bestselling author of numerous books including The Lamb’s Supper, Reasons to Believe, and Rome Sweet Home (co-authored with his wife, Kimberly) and is editor of the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible and Letter & Spirit: A Catholic Journal of Biblical Theology. Some of his most recent books are Many Are Called, Hope for Hard Times, The Catholic Bible Dictionary, and Signs of Life. He lives in Steubenville, Ohio.
Media inquiries should contact Katie Moore, publicist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 719-268-1936
Image Books/Random House
http://www.imagecatholicbooks.com/livestream CO, 80921 US
Katie Moore - Publicist, (719) 268-1936
Scott Hahn, Consuming the Word, Scripture, Bible, New Testament, Image, Catholic, New Evangelization
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Thu, Sept 25, 2014 - Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian at Our Lady of Grace Catholic
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way