The Book of Jotham - Tuscany Prize Winner
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Book of Jotham - 2012 Tuscany Prize for Catholic Fiction - Novella Winner
WELLESLEY, MA (April 2, 2013) - For 23 years the completed manuscript of The Book of Jotham sat in the author's desk drawer--typewritten--collecting dust and time. On an early autumn day in 2012, the manuscript arrived at Tuscany Press, and we discovered this compelling and moving story.
Jotham is a mentally challenged man-child who, like the other apostles, follows Jesus as Christ carries out his ministry and experiences death by crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension. Yet the other apostles--the dedicated Mary, Peter, Thomas, and the rest--while they care for Jotham and look out for him, don't understand why Jesus loves him so. Thomas even says, after Jesus offers a parable, "I don't see why all the pots can't be strong and beautiful."
Jotham may be different, but through him, we come to see Jesus and Jotham not just with our eyes, but also with our hearts.
ARTHUR POWERS is himself a convert to Catholicism. After spending much time in Brazil in the Peace Corps, working with those for whom the Catholic faith is woven into life, and after meeting a woman who eventually became his wife, he came to question his very rational agnosticism. Powers was baptized into the Roman Catholic faith in 1976 as a thoughtful, aware adult of 29 years.
ISBN: 978-1939627018 (Hardcover)
ISBN: 978-1939627001 (Paperback)
Tuscany Press, LLC
http://www.tuscanypress.com MA, 02481 US
Peter Mongeau - Publisher,
Fiction, Tuscany Prize, Novella,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over
- ValLimar Jansen's latest album "a soulful experience"
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe