Image Selects “Pray for Me” as Title for Book on Pope Francis
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRAY FOR ME: The Life and Spiritual Vision of Pope Francis, First Pope From the Americas
Colorado Springs, CO (March 15, 2013) - On March 13, 2013, in Rome, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires, Argentina, was elected pope. As he stepped onto the balcony, and overlooked the crowd in St. Peter’s Square, he made a humble and unexpected gesture. Before offering the traditional apostolic blessing, he greeted the faithful with a request, “Pray for me.”
This simple appeal set a beautiful precedent for his papacy and was the inspiration behind the title for a new book on his life — "Pray for Me: The Life and Spiritual Vision of Pope Francis, First Pope From the Americas" (Image Books, April 30, 2013) by Dr. Robert Moynihan, founder and editor of Inside the Vatican magazine.
In "Pray for Me," Moynihan offers an introduction to the life and works of Jorge Mario Bergoglio, who was chosen by the cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church to be the 266th successor of the apostle Peter.
“This is an exciting time not only for the Church but for the world,” said Gary Jansen, editor of Image Books, the Catholic interest imprint of Random House, Inc. “The election of the world’s first Latin American pope, a man of Italian heritage, means a bridging of the Northern and Southern hemispheres in a way we’ve never seen and signifies a new global vision for the 1.2 billion people who call themselves Catholic.”
Moynihan’s book will give readers an insight into the spiritual vision of the new pontiff with a look at his most inspirational teachings on God, Jesus, marriage and family, life, prayer, religious freedom, and more.
“Many people say it takes the Catholic Church a long time to make decisions, but that hasn’t been the case lately,” said Jansen. “Not only did the cardinals elect a new pope in two days, but the decision to elect a pope from Latin America instantly puts the 400+ million Spanish speaking Catholics around the world in the spotlight. This is an exciting time and we’re all curious to see what happens next.”
About Robert Moynihan
Dr. Robert Moynihan is founder and editor of Inside the Vatican magazine, a monthly journal on Church and world affairs from Rome. He is regarded as one of the world’s leading Vatican analysts and author of Let God’s Light Shine Forth: The Spiritual Vision of Pope Benedict XVI. He received his Ph.D. in medieval studies from Yale University and divides his time between Rome and Annapolis, Maryland. He has appeared on Fox News, CNN, ABC, EWTN and other worldwide networks and media outlets. He is married and has two sons.
Image Books/Random House
http://www.imagecatholicbooks.com/ CO, 80921 US
Katie Moore - Publicist, (719) 268-1936
Pope Francis, Image Books, Pray for Me, Catholic Church, Robert Moynihan, Vatican,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RealOptions Presents Rachel’s Vineyard Retreats
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus again No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- The CatholicTV Network to air Feature on the Fine Arts Summer Academy
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordinations to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of Boston
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous