The CatholicTV Network to air Coverage of the March for Life
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The CatholicTV Network will air coverage of the March for Life including the National Mass for Life Presided by Cardinal Seán O’Malley of the Archdiocese of Boston
WATERTOWN, MA (January 17, 2013) - Beginning January 24, 2013, the CatholicTV Network will air coverage from the March for Life in Washington, D.C. The coverage will include the National Mass for Life held at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception presided by Cardinal Seán O’Malley of the Archdiocese of Boston and the closing Mass presided by Bishop Farrell of Texas.
Following the Mass on Friday, January 25, 2013, the March for Life Education and Defense Fund will host its annual Washington, D.C. event to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision on abortion. Each year the March draws thousands of pro-life activists and supporters from around the country to rally at the National Mall and march to the steps of the Supreme Court. In 2012 groups from 97 dioceses around the country, including the Archdiocese of Boston and as far away as the Virgin Islands and Australia were represented at the march.
CatholicTV will broadcast the March for Life opening Mass on January 24, 2013 at 6:30PM ET and the March for Life closing Mass on January 25, 2013 at 11:30AM ET.
To commemorate the March for Life CatholicTV will also air pro-life specials including La Mama, the extraordinary story of Mother Antonia’s life and ministry in a Mexican prison; and A Rosary for Our Nation. CatholicTV associate producer Kate Andrews will also report on the event from Washington, D.C.
Related events during the March for Life will be the 31st annual Rose Dinner and the new March for Life 5k run hosted by the National LIFE Runners Team. For more information visit: www.marchforlife.org.
About the CatholicTV® Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
Public Relations Coordinator
The CatholicTV® Network
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
March for Life, Rally, Pro-Life, Catholic
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?