Dominican University Siena Center Offers Mini-Courses on Grandparenting and Interfaith Conversation
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
River Forest, IL (September 17, 2012) - Dominican University’s St. Catherine of Siena Center will offer a mini-course titled “The Spirituality of Grandparenting,” designed to teach grandparents how to communicate with their grandchildren and use faith to enhance their relationships.
The course, taught by Kathy Heskin, DMin, professor of theology and founding director of Dominican’s master of arts in family ministry program, will be presented from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on three consecutive Wednesdays: October 24 and 31 and November 7. All classes will be held at Dominican University’s Priory Campus, 7200 West Division Street, River Forest.
Heskin is the author of Marriage: A Spiritual Journey and a frequent speaker on marriage, family spirituality and faith development. She earned her bachelor’s degree in political science from Rosary College, a master of divinity from Loyola University Chicago's Institute for Pastoral Studies and a doctor of ministry degree from the University of St. Mary of the Lake.
In addition, the Siena Center will offer “Faithful People, Living Word,” a course on interfaith conversation and learning. Jewish, Catholic and Muslim teachers will talk about the roles their respective sacred texts play in the lives of their communities and will examine passages on the same topic found in Hebrew scriptures, the Qur’an and the New Testament. The course is presented in conjunction with the Chicago Coalition for InterReligious Learning.
“Faithful People, Living Word” will be offered from 2 to 3:30 p.m. on three consecutive Thursdays: October 25 and November 1 and 8.
The courses cost $50 each. For more information or to register for any of the mini-courses, contact the Siena Center at (708) 714-9105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dominican University established the St. Catherine of Siena Center to examine critical issues of church and society in the light of faith and scholarship. The center calls together members of the university community, professional ministers and the wider community of faith who are committed to deepening their insight into the role of the Christian in today's world.
http://www.dom.edu/newsroom/press/2012/september/article_0007.html IL, 60305 US
Dan Armstrong - Public Relations Manager, 708-524-6452
grandparents, grandchildren, parent, heskin, spirituality, faith, course
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance