Abbot's book explores adoration, Maronite spirituality, and the founding of a monastery
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PHOENIX, AZ (May 29, 2012) - Contemplation is very much alive today. This is the resounding message of Abbot William, author of "A Calling: An Autobiography and the Founding of the Maronite Monks of Adoration."
Abbot William, founder of the Maronite Monks of Adoration, recounts his own journey through the tumultuous '70s and '80s to find a "monastic ideal."
"A Calling" navigates through Rogerian psychology, pop theology, and humanistic ideologies that invaded the Church. The author concludes that the modern world's compromises ultimately cannot satisfy the pangs of a contemplative heart. The abbot's journey, poignantly told in the book, is one of finding peace with fidelity to the monastic idea of adoring the Lord.
The Maronite Monks of Adoration were canonically approved by the Vatican and established in the Eparchy of St. Maron in 1989.
"A Calling" is available from Leonine Publishers. This inspiring book is priced at $16.95 US. Softcover, 302 pages, ISBN 978-0-9836740-8-5. Orders may be placed at leoninepublishers.com or by calling 602-795-3539.
http://leoninepublishers.com/bookstore/a-calling.html AZ, 85066 US
Laura Rayes - , 602-795-3539
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over