Abbot's book explores adoration, Maronite spirituality, and the founding of a monastery
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PHOENIX, AZ (May 29, 2012) - Contemplation is very much alive today. This is the resounding message of Abbot William, author of “A Calling: An Autobiography and the Founding of the Maronite Monks of Adoration.”
Abbot William, founder of the Maronite Monks of Adoration, recounts his own journey through the tumultuous '70s and '80s to find a “monastic ideal.”
“A Calling” navigates through Rogerian psychology, pop theology, and humanistic ideologies that invaded the Church. The author concludes that the modern world's compromises ultimately cannot satisfy the pangs of a contemplative heart. The abbot's journey, poignantly told in the book, is one of finding peace with fidelity to the monastic idea of adoring the Lord.
The Maronite Monks of Adoration were canonically approved by the Vatican and established in the Eparchy of St. Maron in 1989.
“A Calling” is available from Leonine Publishers. This inspiring book is priced at $16.95 US. Softcover, 302 pages, ISBN 978-0-9836740-8-5. Orders may be placed at leoninepublishers.com or by calling 602-795-3539.
http://leoninepublishers.com/bookstore/a-calling.html AZ, 85066 US
Laura Rayes - , 602-795-3539
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards