Abbot's book explores adoration, Maronite spirituality, and the founding of a monastery
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PHOENIX, AZ (May 29, 2012) - Contemplation is very much alive today. This is the resounding message of Abbot William, author of "A Calling: An Autobiography and the Founding of the Maronite Monks of Adoration."
Abbot William, founder of the Maronite Monks of Adoration, recounts his own journey through the tumultuous '70s and '80s to find a "monastic ideal."
"A Calling" navigates through Rogerian psychology, pop theology, and humanistic ideologies that invaded the Church. The author concludes that the modern world's compromises ultimately cannot satisfy the pangs of a contemplative heart. The abbot's journey, poignantly told in the book, is one of finding peace with fidelity to the monastic idea of adoring the Lord.
The Maronite Monks of Adoration were canonically approved by the Vatican and established in the Eparchy of St. Maron in 1989.
"A Calling" is available from Leonine Publishers. This inspiring book is priced at $16.95 US. Softcover, 302 pages, ISBN 978-0-9836740-8-5. Orders may be placed at leoninepublishers.com or by calling 602-795-3539.
http://leoninepublishers.com/bookstore/a-calling.html AZ, 85066 US
Laura Rayes - , 602-795-3539
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree