Abbot's book explores adoration, Maronite spirituality, and the founding of a monastery
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PHOENIX, AZ (May 29, 2012) - Contemplation is very much alive today. This is the resounding message of Abbot William, author of "A Calling: An Autobiography and the Founding of the Maronite Monks of Adoration."
Abbot William, founder of the Maronite Monks of Adoration, recounts his own journey through the tumultuous '70s and '80s to find a "monastic ideal."
"A Calling" navigates through Rogerian psychology, pop theology, and humanistic ideologies that invaded the Church. The author concludes that the modern world's compromises ultimately cannot satisfy the pangs of a contemplative heart. The abbot's journey, poignantly told in the book, is one of finding peace with fidelity to the monastic idea of adoring the Lord.
The Maronite Monks of Adoration were canonically approved by the Vatican and established in the Eparchy of St. Maron in 1989.
"A Calling" is available from Leonine Publishers. This inspiring book is priced at $16.95 US. Softcover, 302 pages, ISBN 978-0-9836740-8-5. Orders may be placed at leoninepublishers.com or by calling 602-795-3539.
http://leoninepublishers.com/bookstore/a-calling.html AZ, 85066 US
Laura Rayes - , 602-795-3539
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over
- ValLimar Jansen's latest album "a soulful experience"
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference