In Honor of National Holocaust Remembrance Day the CatholicTV® Network to air Special Programming
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (April 19, 2012) In Honor of National Holocaust Remembrance Day the CatholicTV® Network to air Special Programming
Thursday, April 19, 2012, CatholicTV will air “A Hand of Peace: Pope Pius XII and the Holocaust", a special Salt + Light production exploring the efforts of Pope Pius XII in counteracting the devastation wrought by the Nazis.
Tune in at 9pm EST on CatholicTV for this important Special or watch it LIVE on www.CatholicTV.com.
“A Hand of Peace: Pope Pius XII and the Holocaust", is a Salt + Light production about Servant of God Pope Pius XII’s influence and role during some contentious times in history. Pope Pius XII guided the Catholic Church through two tumultuous decades, firmly establishing himself as a champion of peace, and the moral voice of a world torn apart by war. However, shortly after his death in 1958, his heroic legacy has been called into question by some historians who claim that his alleged “silence” during the Nazi holocaust allowed Hitler to carry out his Final Solution against the Jews.
Pope Pius XII protested vehemently the persecution of Jews. His was a prophecy in action, which saved the lives of countless victims of the neo-pagan Nazi reign of terror, rather than potentially counter-productive public statements.
“A Hand of Peace: Pope Pius XII and the Holocaust” is an important contribution to the robust and timely debate that has arisen surrounding Pius’s wartime record. Featuring interviews with world renowned Holocaust historian Sir Martin Gilbert; the Jesuit historian and postulator Fr. Peter Gumpel; author and ardent Pius defender Sr. Margherita Marchione, M.P.F., Ph.D., this gripping documentary explores the difficult choices Pius XII faced during the Second World War, and provides convincing proof that his bold, yet discreet, prophetic actions saved tens of thousands of Jewish lives and paved the way for a new era of Catholic-Jewish relations that have deepened over the past 50 years.
On National Holocaust Remembrance Day, the CatholicTV Network remembers and prays for all those touched by the Holocaust.
About the CatholicTV® Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02472 US
Shannon Muldoon- Public Relations Coordinator – 617-923-0220
The CatholicTV® Network
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards