Concert Series Concludes with Viva Klezmer!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHARLOTTE, NC (April 10, 2012) - St. Ann Catholic Church is pleased to announce the final concert in the second season of Gaudium Musicae to be held Sunday, May 6, 2012. The featured performance is by Viva Klezmer! with Gene Kavadlo, Ali Kavadlo, Mike Mosley and Ron Brendle. Formed in 1984, Viva Klezmer! has brought Jewish traditional music with irresistible verve and peerless technique to audiences across the region. The hour-long concert will start at 4:00pm in St. Ann Catholic Church, 3635 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28209. A reception following the concert gives fellow listeners an opportunity to meet the performers.
Single concert tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for students and children 12 years old or under are free. Tickets can be purchased online at www.StAnnCharlotte.org, after Masses in the St. Ann’s Parish office or at the door. Sponsorships are available for this concert. Please contact the parish office at 704-523-4641 ext. 221 for information.
For more than 50 years St. Ann Catholic Church has been a beacon of faith in the Charlotte community. Parishioners endeavor to support one another as we grow together in faith and holiness. We offer the ordinary and extraordinary (Latin) forms of Mass and strive to reconnect with the rich heritage of the Catholic Church by regularly utilizing Gregorian chant, polyphony and other historically significant music. The Gaudium Musicae series is designed to support exceptional, primarily local musicians by providing an acoustically excellent, intimate venue for performance and to present diverse programming.
http://www.stanncharlotte.org NC, 28209 US
St. Ann Catholic Church - , 704-523-4641
Gaudium Musicae, music, concert, Jewish traditional, Viva Klezmer
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal