Tan Books Responds to Bishop's Call to Pray for Catholic's Freedom
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Publisher Makes St. Michael Prayer Cards Available for Distribution in Parishes
Charlotte, NC (February 23, 2012) — TAN Books, an imprint of Saint Benedict Press, announced today plans to respond to the call of Bishop Daniel Jenky of Peoria, Ill to petition St. Michael the Archangel “for the freedom of the Catholic Church in America.”
In response to a new federal ruling that will force many Catholic organizations to provide insurance coverage for sterilizations, contraceptives and “morning-after” pills, Bishop Jenky has called on parishes, schools, hospitals and religious houses to include at every Sunday Mass a prayer to St. Michael the Archangel for the intention of religious freedom. The St. Michael prayer is to be said in the general intercessions before the concluding prayer.
Chairman and CEO of Saint Benedict Press, Robert Gallagher, fully supports the call from Bishop Jenky and plans to encourage the effort by promoting distribution of St. Michael prayer cards through parishes nationwide.
“The Obama mandate creates a crisis of conscience for thousands of our nation’s employers, especially Catholics and other men and women of faith,” said Gallagher. “It is a radical infringement upon the free exercise of religion, a persecution of religious belief in the marketplace, and an attempt by a thoroughly secular Administration to remove the expression of one’s religious tenets from the public square.”
“The power of prayer cannot be underestimated as a means to combat this blatant attack on Catholic moral convictions,” said Gallagher. “Calling on the intercession of St. Michael the Archangel to be our defender in this critical battle is something that everyone can do. At Saint Benedict Press we want to make it easy for parishes to implement this initiative by offering resources that will help them do so.”
St. Michael the Archangel prayer cards and booklets have long been available from TAN Books, an imprint of Saint Benedict Press.
The publisher plans to launch an email campaign alerting customers of the legislation and announcing the availability of St. Michael prayer cards to parishes and individuals.
Saint Benedict Press offers Prayer to St. Michael leaflets in packs of 100 for $5.00; higher quality prayer cards are available in packs of 100 for $7.50 or 10 packs for $35.00.
For information on St. Michael the Archangel products, or to place an order, go online to http://www.tanbooks.com, or call (800) 437-5876.
Saint Benedict Press, LLC/TAN Books
http://www.tanbooks.com NC, 28273 US
Katie Moore - Publicist, 704.831.3468
TAN Books, Saint Benedict Press, HHS Mandate, St. Michael, prayer,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary