Friendly Planet Travel Offers New Lower Pricing on 14 Catholic Pilgrimage Tours for 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JENKINTOWN, PA (January 18, 2012) - Thirty years ago, Friendly Planet Travel, a leading tour operator that has helped thousands experience high-quality, affordable vacation packages to exotic destinations worldwide, began its business as a group pilgrimage operator. Over the years, the company has gained extensive experience arranging pilgrimages to fascinating spiritual and religious locales. Today, Friendly Planet Travel has expanded beyond its previous itineraries, and is announcing 14 new Catholic pilgrimage programs designed to go beyond the traditional pilgrimage experience. In addition, these new travel programs offer lower pricing that will place these important spiritual adventures within reach of many more travelers.
“We take pride in offering the best service at quality prices, and this policy applies to our new pilgrimage program as well,” says Peggy Goldman, President of Friendly Planet Travel. “Travelers experiencing our pilgrimages will visit the most sacred Catholic holy sites and Marian shrines in the world. Plus, our programs will travel off the beaten path and into the picturesque towns along the countryside, exposing travelers to the cultural, artistic, and historical landmarks within these regions. Excellent exchange rates and land prices have allowed us to offer superior accommodations, itineraries, and services at a price among the lowest in the industry without compromising on quality. This is what differentiates our programs from others.”
All new pilgrimages include hand-picked, first-class and centrally located accommodations for excellent shopping and dining options; English-speaking guides; entrance fees; many meals; and an accompanying tour chaplain. In addition, these programs include multiple masses in ancient cathedrals and chapels, such as the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem, St. Peter’s Square in Rome, Santiago de Compostela in Spain, and St. James Church in Medjugorje.
Friendly Planet Travel has eliminated as many one-night stays as possible and limited groups to 25 travelers, making for a spacious and relaxed touring environment. For example, all travelers will benefit from a window seat, as Friendly Planet Travel’s pilgrimages tour breathtaking sites of Biblical significance, such as the Sea of Galilee, the 14 Stations of the Cross, Vatican City, and the Sistine Chapel.
The 14 pilgrimages offer the Catholic experience of a lifetime by providing the chance to see major religious destinations throughout Israel, Rome, Italy, Spain, France, and other places in central Europe. Additional sites unique to Friendly Planet Travel’s pilgrimages include stays in Rocamadour and Avignon in France, Perugia and Cortona in Italy, Dubrovnik on the Adriatic Coast, and Regensburg in Germany. Featured pilgrimages include:
• Visit the grotto where the Virgin Mary appeared several times on the 13-day La France Catholique tour, from $2,999 per person.
• Bathe in the holy waters of Lourdes and explore Notre Dame on the eight-day Lourdes & Paris tour, from $1,599 per person.
• Receive a Papal Blessing and explore Italy’s most sacred sites on the 13-day Great Basilicas of Italy tour, from $3,199 per person.
• See the exact locations of the Virgin Mary’s apparitions in Lourdes and Fatima on the 10-day Lourdes & Fatima tour, from $1,999 per person.
• See Jesus’ manger and walk the Holy Stairs that Jesus climbed before Pontius Pilate on the seven-day Rome & Holy See tour, from $1,399 per person.
In addition to the 14 published pilgrimages, Friendly Planet Travel offers large and small groups expert customized travel services and personalized components, providing limitless opportunities for unmatched spiritual and cultural experiences for all involved. Whether it’s one of Friendly Planet Travel’s planned itineraries, or one that has been completely developed by and for a particular group, the services and pricing will be exceptional.
To learn about any of Friendly Planet Travel’s pilgrimage specials, departure dates, and full itineraries, please visit the pilgrimage page on the company’s website. For more about Friendly Planet Travel, please visit Friendly Planet’s website; Friendly Planet Travel’s blog; or contact Jackie Zima-Evans at 610-228-2138 (office), 215-534-2973 (mobile), or write to Jackie@GregoryFCA.com.
ABOUT FRIENDLY PLANET TRAVEL
Friendly Planet Travel makes high-quality exotic travel affordable for everyone. Since 1981, Friendly Planet Travel has been arranging all-inclusive, escorted discount vacation packages and cruises to the most exciting destinations in the world at the lowest possible prices.
Each year, Friendly Planet Travel offers more than 30 different group travel packages to Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and South America—at discounts of hundreds of dollars off similar vacations. With no hidden charges, add-ons, or surprises, Friendly Planet Travel vacations include convenient flights and airfare; carefully selected, first-class and superior hotels; knowledgeable, English-speaking guides; many meals; planned itineraries; as well as friendships and memories that last a lifetime.
Friendly Planet Travel offers its extensive, economical travel services to private groups, including universities, religious institutions, alumni associations, and families. Groups who wish to travel together can count on Friendly Planet Travel’s three decades of experience to operate their group travel program expertly and always at the very best possible prices. Visit us at www.FriendlyPlanet.com. You can also follow Friendly Planet Travel on Twitter and Facebook.
http://www.friendlyplanet.com/pilgrimages/regions.html PA, 19003 US
Jackie Zima-Evans - , 610-228-2138
Pilgrimage, Travel, Catholic, Israel, Holy Land, Europe, Religious, Spiritual, Tours
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School
- Father Michael Gaitley to Appear on The Gist
- Surfer Bear Woznick to Appear on the CatholicTV Network
- Thirty Diocesan Seminarians from the USA Participate in a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME 'Rome Experience'
- Mother Agnes Donovan, Superior General for the Sisters of Life, Delivering IPS Commencement Address