3,000 year old pants coming to a store near you!
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
6/24/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
The world's oldest pants may be brought back to live by web-based fashion company Betabrand.
These 3,000 year old pants are going to be given a modern upgrade by online clothing company Betabrand.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Discovered in China earlier this year, the pants date back to 1,000 B.C., and the company's prototype is fittingly called "World's Oldest Pants".
Currently, these 3,000 year old pants are up for vote on the company's site as an item that is in consideration for production, dependent only on receiving 300 votes from the sites users. Currently the pants have 162 votes and there are ten days left for users to weigh in.
Modern version (left) of 3,000 year old Chinese pants (right).
The company has modernized the drop-crotch style pants with lightweight and modern fabric, utilizing the same groin patch, color, and pattern as the original. If put into production the pants will sell for between $75 and $100.
Originally discovered in Northwest China's Xinjiang autonomous region, the pants were discovered on the bodies of two men who belonged to the nomadic Subeixi culture. The discovery was announced in the May 22 edition of Qauternary International, which showed that pants in miraculous condition after 3,000 years.
Betabrand is famous for its unusual clothing line which ranges from office-appropriate yoga pants to pinstripe hoodies. The company utilizes user feedback, which often shapes the final form of the product.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for AUGUST 2017
Artists. That artists of our time, through their ingenuity, may help everyone discover the beauty of creation.
Ten United States sailors are missing in the Southeast Asian waters after their ship, the USS John S. McCain, was involved in a collision ... continue reading
A ten-year-old girl has given birth to a baby in India, following her rape by a family member. LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) - A ... continue reading
Christians in North Korea are facing extreme persecution as a purge against believers has started. A new report by the US government ... continue reading
North Korea has backed down from threats to fire missiles at Guam. The reason for the reversal is unknown. The decision is the first step ... continue reading
What can a missionary in North Korea do to preach the Gospel in a Communist dictatorship? Simply care for the sick patients he is there to ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD ...
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD Video
- Cultured meats coming to a store near you in 2018
- New research shows global warming is not your fault. Here's why
- Here are four martyrs who died, protecting the seal of confession
- St. Philip Benizi: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD