In order to break the cycle of poverty, we must first start with the heart. Catholic Online School is something very special, providing FREE Catholic Education to anyone, anywhere. Learn more about the Catholic Online School
Help us create new hope with your donation. This year, please consider making a donation of $5, $20, $50 or whatever you can to support Catholic Online School. Support Catholic Online School
Ten Easy Secrets to Staying Young and Living Longer.
Want to live longer and stay younger as you age?
Walking is a wonderful form of exercise.
LOS ANGELES CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - Here are ten easy ways to stay young, add years to your life and boost the quality of those years.
1. Exercise a minimum total of 2 hours a week of physical activity will increase your life expectancy and helps keep you looking younger.
2. Maintaining a healthy weight. You can cut your mortality risk of up to 23 percent with a healthy weight. Along with a healthy weight is a body-mass index (BMI) below 25. Having a BMI below 25 reduces you risk for cancer and heart disease.
3. Keeping your cholesterol level less than 200 mg/dl. Increased cholesterol level greater than 240 mg/dl is linked to increased rates of stroke and heart disease.
4. A diet high in fiber will reduce your for coronary disease and death. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that for every 10 grams of fiber you add to your diet, your risk of death decreases by 17 percent.
5. Keep your blood pressure below 120/80. If your blood pressure is higher than 120/80 but less than 139/89, you have pre-hypertension and this can be treated with diet and exercise, but if your blood pressure is greater than 140/90, this is hypertension which will lead to heart disease and stroke, and you should talk to your doctor about treatment and monitoring.
6. Having a pet is healthy for your heart. Cat and dog owners reduce their risk of dying from a heart attach by 40 percent over non-owners. Owning a cat or a dog will reduce depression and loneliness that are linked to early mortality.
7. If your smoke, quit. Smoking leads to cancer, diabetes and lung disease, and makes you look years older than you are.
8. Eat foods rich in anti-oxidants to decrease your risk of cancer, Alzheimer's and age related diseases like cataracts, macular-degeneration and heart disease.
A glass of red wine is healthy for you.
9. Moderate your alcohol intake. Moderate alcohol intake reduces plaque deposits in your arteries, which lowers your risk of heart disease. But drinking too much will damage your liver, and in women increases your risk of developing breast cancer. Moderation is the key, one 5-ounce glass of wine, one 12-ounce beer or 1.5 ounces of liquor a day.
10. Get a good night sleep. It has been found that sleeping less than 6 hours a night increases your risk of dying early by 12 percent. Interestingly, getting less than 7 hours of sleep causes weight gain and health consequences by disrupting hunger-regulating hormones.
My Tip of the Day. Drink plenty of water. Water hydrates your skin and keeps you looking youthful. Water is key for weight loss, preventing heart disease, it gives you energy, prevents headaches and heartburn. If you feel thirsty, you are dehydrated, Drink enough water to prevent you from feeling thirsty.
I believe Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for OCTOBER 2017
Workers and the Unemployed. That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.
Have you ever wondered how God judges us in the end of our lives? Could it be that rather than looking at all of our brokenness, mistakes ... continue reading
This is one of the two times each year when, I believe, our Lord most dreads the silence that will envelop far too many of our ... continue reading
What greater gifts could God give us in our daily lives than peace and joy? Cultivating peace and joy are easier than one may think. Often ... continue reading
Do I have a daily devotional time? Do I realize how important it is? Those are good questions to ask. We have all heard of the ... continue reading
There is currently an appeal at Catholic Online for donations to a religious freedom fund. People should give and understand why this ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- Here's when you'll see the first self-driving trucks on the road
- St. Lucy: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- Pope Francis wants to change the Lord's Prayer, but what do the new ...
- Is Facebook ripping apart human civilization? HD Video
- How does the Vatican fight money laundering?
- Daily Reading for Thursday, December 14th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 HD
- Attempted terror attack fails in Manhattan as pipe bomb explodes early HD
- Here's how Pope Francis wants to change the Lords Prayer HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way