Ten Easy Secrets to Staying Young and Living Longer.
Want to live longer and stay younger as you age?
Walking is a wonderful form of exercise.
LOS ANGELES CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - Here are ten easy ways to stay young, add years to your life and boost the quality of those years.
1. Exercise a minimum total of 2 hours a week of physical activity will increase your life expectancy and helps keep you looking younger.
2. Maintaining a healthy weight. You can cut your mortality risk of up to 23 percent with a healthy weight. Along with a healthy weight is a body-mass index (BMI) below 25. Having a BMI below 25 reduces you risk for cancer and heart disease.
3. Keeping your cholesterol level less than 200 mg/dl. Increased cholesterol level greater than 240 mg/dl is linked to increased rates of stroke and heart disease.
4. A diet high in fiber will reduce your for coronary disease and death. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that for every 10 grams of fiber you add to your diet, your risk of death decreases by 17 percent.
5. Keep your blood pressure below 120/80. If your blood pressure is higher than 120/80 but less than 139/89, you have pre-hypertension and this can be treated with diet and exercise, but if your blood pressure is greater than 140/90, this is hypertension which will lead to heart disease and stroke, and you should talk to your doctor about treatment and monitoring.
6. Having a pet is healthy for your heart. Cat and dog owners reduce their risk of dying from a heart attach by 40 percent over non-owners. Owning a cat or a dog will reduce depression and loneliness that are linked to early mortality.
7. If your smoke, quit. Smoking leads to cancer, diabetes and lung disease, and makes you look years older than you are.
8. Eat foods rich in anti-oxidants to decrease your risk of cancer, Alzheimer's and age related diseases like cataracts, macular-degeneration and heart disease.
A glass of red wine is healthy for you.
9. Moderate your alcohol intake. Moderate alcohol intake reduces plaque deposits in your arteries, which lowers your risk of heart disease. But drinking too much will damage your liver, and in women increases your risk of developing breast cancer. Moderation is the key, one 5-ounce glass of wine, one 12-ounce beer or 1.5 ounces of liquor a day.
10. Get a good night sleep. It has been found that sleeping less than 6 hours a night increases your risk of dying early by 12 percent. Interestingly, getting less than 7 hours of sleep causes weight gain and health consequences by disrupting hunger-regulating hormones.
My Tip of the Day. Drink plenty of water. Water hydrates your skin and keeps you looking youthful. Water is key for weight loss, preventing heart disease, it gives you energy, prevents headaches and heartburn. If you feel thirsty, you are dehydrated, Drink enough water to prevent you from feeling thirsty.
I believe Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for APRIL 2017
Young People. That young people may respond generously to their vocations and seriously consider offering themselves to God in the priesthood or consecrated life.
This post, being written during the Easter season, will be a reflection and compilation of discussions about the historicity of Jesus ... continue reading
Resurrection Day! Watch
Jesus Christ is risen!Easter is the greatest and oldest Christian feast. It is the Feast of Feasts, and it is the holiest day of the year ... continue reading
Especially at Easter, it is vitally important to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior. As people of the cross, ... continue reading
"<a href="https://infogalactic.com/info/Godspell">Godspell</a>" was a Broadway musical which opened in 1971 and is a series of ... continue reading
The Challenge of Easter Watch
Going through the checkout at the shops I got talking with the girl behind the cash register who proceeded to tell me that Good Friday was ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis refuses bulletproof popemobile during Egyptian papal visit
- St. Peter Chanel: Saint of the Day for Friday, April 28, 2017
- St. Athanasius HD Video
- St. Padre Pio appears in U.S. on 130th birthday anniversary HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, April 28, 2017
- Irish priest's healing prayers offer MIRACLES - But who is he?
- Lesbian Nuns?! Hollywood director to create smut film disgracing ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, April 29th, 2017 HD
- Day 7 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Pope Francis surprises with TED Talk appearance and powerful message HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, April 28th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.