Pope Francis, our Holy Father, is leading us to Our Lord through living the Gospel.
Pope Francis: Prayer keeps us from losing faith.
Our Holy Father is leading us, not in a new direction, but to Our Lord through living the Gospel.
Pope Francis has been noted for his humility, his concern for the poor, and his commitment to dialogue as a way to build bridges between people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and faiths.
While I will endeavor to learn more about him, his life, and writings; that is not necessary for me to follow him as our Pontiff. I think I get him.
Our church has for years been focused on making sure we follow the teachings of the church, and that we endlessly fight those forces, internal as well as external, trying to "tear down" our faith. I won't disparage any of this as I would be included in that group.
Pope Francis; a man of Destiny.
What I feel His Holiness is doing is, something different. Paraphrasing the quote from Einstein "Insanity is continuing to do the same thing, and expecting a different result" I think he can get a different result, much like how we saw John Paul II enamoring the youth in his younger days; except Francis will be doing this with us more mature Catholics.
Another saying is that the best defense is a good offense. I think the battle should be more for souls than keeping intact that which the "gates of hell will never prevail" against! Isn't that truly what we should be doing, bringing and being Christ to others? If others can see Christ in how we engage with them, doesn't that bode well for the Holy Mother Church?
We, or the Pope for that matter, do not deny the ineffable truths of our faith or the teaching authority (Magisterium) of the church. It's evident by what the Pope has said now and in the past. The media and more progressive leaning talking heads will misunderstand, misconstrue, or take out of context what the Holy Father says from time to time; even if it is intentional. I think we could even ignore the mainstream media and keep focus on our duties as Catholics; to go out and evangelize the world.
We must have faith and trust in Our Lord. We can change things; we don't have to keep doing the same old things. We can do this by loving those whom Our Lord Jesus Christ loves, and bringing them the gospel through our lives and how we live it. Maybe it's time for us to change.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Web site to inspire others in facing thier day.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Blog News
- Deep Reading; There are a lot of ways to come to Scripture.
- Mr. Sandman, bring me a...Nightmare?
- Ten Easy Secrets to Staying Young and Living Longer.
- It was Different back then, Dad!
- Beware...Teenagers in the House!
- Can You See your Faith through Wispy Clouds?
- Let This be the Year that you Claim Advent for the Season of Hope and Expectation that It is!
- Advent is a time of joyful anticipation.
- Just Picture Yourself in a Quiet Church, Now ponder Jesus, the Good Shepherd.
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?