What is Causing my Hands to Shake?
There are many causes of shaking hands. Too much caffeine, low blood sugar, fatigue, fear, anger or stress all can cause tremors. Cigarette smoking, alcohol and side effects of medications can also cause tremors. The shaking or tremors usually of the hands are very common and can happen at any age.
Why are my hands shaking?
LOS ANGELES, CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - Most often the tremors are "Essential Tremors", or tremors without any clear cause. This type of tremor is most apparent when you are trying to do something, This type of tremor is often familial, meaning it runs in families.
There are three main types of tremors:
1. Static or resting tremors. This type of tremor is noticeable when your muscles are resting. The tremors may not be noticeable when you are moving. This can be a symptom of Parkinson's disease.
2. Kinetic or intentional tremors. These occur with purposeful movement like writing, typing or pressing a button. These tremors often go away when the muscles are at rest. This can be a symptom of Multiple sclerosis.
3. Postural or action tremors happen when you are holding your arm out or when you stand up. This also may occur when you are writing or holding a cup. Stress, anxiety and fatigue can cause postural tremor.
A tremor that does not go away over time may be an indication that there is a medical problem, and at the very least, you should see a doctor.
Praying the rosary
If you or a loved one has tremors, try to figure what is causing the symptoms. You can do this by elimination. Could caffeine be the culprit? Stress at work or home? Are you missing meals? Changes in lifestyle may make a difference.
See your doctor if your tremor is worse at rest or is prolonged, severe or it occurs with other symptoms like a headache, weakness, muscle contractions or any body movements that you cannot control.
If you think the tremors are caused by a medication it is very important to see your doctor, and not change or stop your medications on your own.
Your doctor will want to know several things.
1. When does the tremor occur and what are you doing at the time.
2. What the tremor looks like and what part of the body is affected.
3. Do both hands shake and is the shaking the same on both sides.
4. Does the tremor affect your lifestyle or interfere with tasks.
5. Are there any triggers that make your tremors start or get worse.
My tip of the day: How you think about stress is a predictor on how stress affects you. Think about the stress you have in your life, and see it as an opportunity to learn and grow. This will increase mental clarity, boost your self-confidence and make managing your stress easier.
I believe that Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for MARCH 2017
Support for Persecuted Christians. That persecuted Christians may be supported by the prayers and material help of the whole Church.
For years I have wondered why God allows His people to endure tough, and sometimes tragic, times. When infirmity or other trials strike, it ... continue reading
Lamb Of God Watch
Originally posted to <a href="https://www.christianmusicality.com/?p=477">Christian Musicality</a> Feb 29, 2016.In the Lenten ... continue reading
Be Forgiven Watch
This is an update of a <a href="https://www.christianmusicality.com/?cat=31">previous post</a>.As Christians, we all know that ... continue reading
Strength. The world tells us, in the spirit of survival of the fittest, that we need to depend on our own strength and avoid any possible ... continue reading
Come To The Cross Watch
In this Lenten season, Christians are asked to prepare themselves for Easter, celebrating Jesus Christ rising from the dead and declaring ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Victims of a failing system or child abusers? Couple leaves young ...
- St. Berthold: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD Video
- Newborn rescued from shallow grave as India murders its daughters
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 29
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.