What is Causing my Hands to Shake?
There are many causes of shaking hands. Too much caffeine, low blood sugar, fatigue, fear, anger or stress all can cause tremors. Cigarette smoking, alcohol and side effects of medications can also cause tremors. The shaking or tremors usually of the hands are very common and can happen at any age.
Why are my hands shaking?
LOS ANGELES, CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - Most often the tremors are "Essential Tremors", or tremors without any clear cause. This type of tremor is most apparent when you are trying to do something, This type of tremor is often familial, meaning it runs in families.
There are three main types of tremors:
1. Static or resting tremors. This type of tremor is noticeable when your muscles are resting. The tremors may not be noticeable when you are moving. This can be a symptom of Parkinson's disease.
2. Kinetic or intentional tremors. These occur with purposeful movement like writing, typing or pressing a button. These tremors often go away when the muscles are at rest. This can be a symptom of Multiple sclerosis.
3. Postural or action tremors happen when you are holding your arm out or when you stand up. This also may occur when you are writing or holding a cup. Stress, anxiety and fatigue can cause postural tremor.
A tremor that does not go away over time may be an indication that there is a medical problem, and at the very least, you should see a doctor.
Praying the rosary
If you or a loved one has tremors, try to figure what is causing the symptoms. You can do this by elimination. Could caffeine be the culprit? Stress at work or home? Are you missing meals? Changes in lifestyle may make a difference.
See your doctor if your tremor is worse at rest or is prolonged, severe or it occurs with other symptoms like a headache, weakness, muscle contractions or any body movements that you cannot control.
If you think the tremors are caused by a medication it is very important to see your doctor, and not change or stop your medications on your own.
Your doctor will want to know several things.
1. When does the tremor occur and what are you doing at the time.
2. What the tremor looks like and what part of the body is affected.
3. Do both hands shake and is the shaking the same on both sides.
4. Does the tremor affect your lifestyle or interfere with tasks.
5. Are there any triggers that make your tremors start or get worse.
My tip of the day: How you think about stress is a predictor on how stress affects you. Think about the stress you have in your life, and see it as an opportunity to learn and grow. This will increase mental clarity, boost your self-confidence and make managing your stress easier.
I believe that Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for FEBRUARY 2017
Comfort for the Afflicted. That all those who are afflicted, especially the poor, refugees, and marginalized, may find welcome and comfort in our communities.
In Christ Alone Watch
People look for hope in many places. Some look to drugs or alcohol. Some seek companionships in various forms, - respectable and not so ... continue reading
Post-Election Peace. These days, there is so much worldly turbulence that it can seem hard to find common ground with others, even those we ... continue reading
Now Is The Time Watch
The song "Now Is The Time" by Tom Kendzia is an interesting song written from the perspective of a discussion with God. Of course, ... continue reading
After reading a recent syndicated column in my Diocesan newspaper, I could not remain silent. The columnist, Father Ron Rolheiser, a ... continue reading
How Great Is Our God Watch
Christ Tomlin has penned the song "How Great Is Our God," describing the wonder and beauty of our God. In keeping with Chris's usual strong ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Trump dumps Obama's transgender restroom policy HD Video
- Why are there more Muslims than Christians in Britain's religious ...
- Urgent action necessary for 5.5 million people starving in South ...
- St. John Theristus: Saint of the Day for Friday, February 24, 2017
- London's famed 'actors' church' reveals marvelously beautiful new ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, February 24, 2017
- Atheist teacher accuses Christian students of harassment for inviting ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 24th, 2017 HD
- Scientists predict Biblical flood for California HD
- New pilgrimage route recreates Jesus' footsteps HD
How to Pray the Rosary
The Rosary is a Scripture-based prayer to help us remember the ... @ $0.00
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.