What is Causing my Hands to Shake?
There are many causes of shaking hands. Too much caffeine, low blood sugar, fatigue, fear, anger or stress all can cause tremors. Cigarette smoking, alcohol and side effects of medications can also cause tremors. The shaking or tremors usually of the hands are very common and can happen at any age.
Why are my hands shaking?
LOS ANGELES, CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - Most often the tremors are "Essential Tremors", or tremors without any clear cause. This type of tremor is most apparent when you are trying to do something, This type of tremor is often familial, meaning it runs in families.
There are three main types of tremors:
1. Static or resting tremors. This type of tremor is noticeable when your muscles are resting. The tremors may not be noticeable when you are moving. This can be a symptom of Parkinson's disease.
2. Kinetic or intentional tremors. These occur with purposeful movement like writing, typing or pressing a button. These tremors often go away when the muscles are at rest. This can be a symptom of Multiple sclerosis.
3. Postural or action tremors happen when you are holding your arm out or when you stand up. This also may occur when you are writing or holding a cup. Stress, anxiety and fatigue can cause postural tremor.
A tremor that does not go away over time may be an indication that there is a medical problem, and at the very least, you should see a doctor.
Praying the rosary
If you or a loved one has tremors, try to figure what is causing the symptoms. You can do this by elimination. Could caffeine be the culprit? Stress at work or home? Are you missing meals? Changes in lifestyle may make a difference.
See your doctor if your tremor is worse at rest or is prolonged, severe or it occurs with other symptoms like a headache, weakness, muscle contractions or any body movements that you cannot control.
If you think the tremors are caused by a medication it is very important to see your doctor, and not change or stop your medications on your own.
Your doctor will want to know several things.
1. When does the tremor occur and what are you doing at the time.
2. What the tremor looks like and what part of the body is affected.
3. Do both hands shake and is the shaking the same on both sides.
4. Does the tremor affect your lifestyle or interfere with tasks.
5. Are there any triggers that make your tremors start or get worse.
My tip of the day: How you think about stress is a predictor on how stress affects you. Think about the stress you have in your life, and see it as an opportunity to learn and grow. This will increase mental clarity, boost your self-confidence and make managing your stress easier.
I believe that Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for FEBRUARY 2018
Say 'No' to Corruption. That those who have material, political or spiritual power may resist any lure of corruption.
Happiness is often a matter of mind over matter - but true joy is a spiritual gift that comes solely through the grace of God. For many, ... continue reading
Clinical depression is so prevalent these days that well over 21 million Americans experience it every year. Most come to understand the ... continue reading
The following is adapted from Adele M. Gill's new inspirational self-help book entitled, 'From Broken to Blest: Embracing the Healing that ... continue reading
As we grow in the Christian faith, we need to understand and come to believe, that anyone can change for the better at any time. For many ... continue reading
Those who visit my blog, know how blessed I have been over the years to spend time in retreat at the Abbey at the Genesee in Piffard, New ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Are your cleaning products making you sick?
- Cleaning products could be damaging to your health HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, February 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Pope Francis accepts bishop's resignation
- St. Wulfric: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- British Court rules: Bermuda's actions to defend marriage will stand
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- St. Patrick HD
- Deadly Flu Season: Vaccine only 36 percent effective during worst season in years HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, February 21st, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education