What is Causing my Hands to Shake?
There are many causes of shaking hands. Too much caffeine, low blood sugar, fatigue, fear, anger or stress all can cause tremors. Cigarette smoking, alcohol and side effects of medications can also cause tremors. The shaking or tremors usually of the hands are very common and can happen at any age.
Why are my hands shaking?
LOS ANGELES, CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - Most often the tremors are "Essential Tremors", or tremors without any clear cause. This type of tremor is most apparent when you are trying to do something, This type of tremor is often familial, meaning it runs in families.
There are three main types of tremors:
1. Static or resting tremors. This type of tremor is noticeable when your muscles are resting. The tremors may not be noticeable when you are moving. This can be a symptom of Parkinson's disease.
2. Kinetic or intentional tremors. These occur with purposeful movement like writing, typing or pressing a button. These tremors often go away when the muscles are at rest. This can be a symptom of Multiple sclerosis.
3. Postural or action tremors happen when you are holding your arm out or when you stand up. This also may occur when you are writing or holding a cup. Stress, anxiety and fatigue can cause postural tremor.
A tremor that does not go away over time may be an indication that there is a medical problem, and at the very least, you should see a doctor.
Praying the rosary
If you or a loved one has tremors, try to figure what is causing the symptoms. You can do this by elimination. Could caffeine be the culprit? Stress at work or home? Are you missing meals? Changes in lifestyle may make a difference.
See your doctor if your tremor is worse at rest or is prolonged, severe or it occurs with other symptoms like a headache, weakness, muscle contractions or any body movements that you cannot control.
If you think the tremors are caused by a medication it is very important to see your doctor, and not change or stop your medications on your own.
Your doctor will want to know several things.
1. When does the tremor occur and what are you doing at the time.
2. What the tremor looks like and what part of the body is affected.
3. Do both hands shake and is the shaking the same on both sides.
4. Does the tremor affect your lifestyle or interfere with tasks.
5. Are there any triggers that make your tremors start or get worse.
My tip of the day: How you think about stress is a predictor on how stress affects you. Think about the stress you have in your life, and see it as an opportunity to learn and grow. This will increase mental clarity, boost your self-confidence and make managing your stress easier.
I believe that Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for OCTOBER 2017
Workers and the Unemployed. That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.
Do I have a daily devotional time? Do I realize how important it is? Those are good questions to ask. We have all heard of the ... continue reading
There is currently an appeal at Catholic Online for donations to a religious freedom fund. People should give and understand why this ... continue reading
On September 11th and the immediate calendar pages to follow there were appointments to keep, needs to tend to and goals to meet creating ... continue reading
Always a Reason for Hope Watch
When we look at hope through the eyes of our own humanness, it is easy to see it simply as optimism... a positive attitude. Yet through the ... continue reading
We live in a very individualistic world today. While individuality is important and necessary, we've pushed this concept so far to the ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Deacon Keith Fournier on Thanksgiving Day and the Need to Return to God
- Pope Francis to meet with Rev. Barber to discuss fight agianst poverty
- Daily Readings for Friday, November 24, 2017
- Quotes of the Saints - Five saints have a message for you on this ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 27th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Andrew Dung Lac: Saint of the Day for Friday, November 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Will 2018 be the year the Big One hits California? The news media makes a shocking claim HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, November 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, November 24th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way