Daily Reading for Thursday, February 14th, 2019
Daily Reading for Thursday February 14, 2019
Reading 1, Genesis 2:18-25 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 128:1-2, 3, 4-5 Gospel, Mark 7:24-30
Reading 1, Genesis 2:18-25
19 So from the soil Yahweh God fashioned all the wild animals and all the birds of heaven. These he brought to the man to see what he would call them; each one was to bear the name the man would give it.
23 And the man said: This one at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh! She is to be called Woman, because she was taken from Man.
24 This is why a man leaves his father and mother and becomes attached to his wife, and they become one flesh.
25 Now, both of them were naked, the man and his wife, but they felt no shame before each other.
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 128:1-2, 3, 4-5
1 [Song of Ascents] How blessed are all who fear Yahweh, who walk in his ways!
3 Your wife a fruitful vine in the inner places of your house. Your children round your table like shoots of an olive tree.
4 Such are the blessings that fall on those who fear Yahweh.
Gospel, Mark 7:24-30
24 He left that place and set out for the territory of Tyre. There he went into a house and did not want anyone to know he was there; but he could not pass unrecognised.
27 And he said to her, 'The children should be fed first, because it is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to little dogs.'
28 But she spoke up, 'Ah yes, sir,' she replied, 'but little dogs under the table eat the scraps from the children.'
29 And he said to her, 'For saying this you may go home happy; the devil has gone out of your daughter.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 116:12-13, 14-15, 18-19
Gospel, Mark 8:22-26
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 22nd, 2019 HD Video
- Bishops ask Supreme Court to hear case on racism in death sentencing
- Religious superiors voice shame over child abuse failings
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Assisted suicide threatens the entire medical profession, Maryland ...
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, February 19th, 2019
- St. Wulfric: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Daily Reading for Thursday, February 21st, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 18th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education