Daily Reading for Thursday, February 14th, 2019
Daily Reading for Thursday February 14, 2019
Reading 1, Genesis 2:18-25 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 128:1-2, 3, 4-5 Gospel, Mark 7:24-30
Reading 1, Genesis 2:18-25
19 So from the soil Yahweh God fashioned all the wild animals and all the birds of heaven. These he brought to the man to see what he would call them; each one was to bear the name the man would give it.
23 And the man said: This one at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh! She is to be called Woman, because she was taken from Man.
24 This is why a man leaves his father and mother and becomes attached to his wife, and they become one flesh.
25 Now, both of them were naked, the man and his wife, but they felt no shame before each other.
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 128:1-2, 3, 4-5
1 [Song of Ascents] How blessed are all who fear Yahweh, who walk in his ways!
3 Your wife a fruitful vine in the inner places of your house. Your children round your table like shoots of an olive tree.
4 Such are the blessings that fall on those who fear Yahweh.
Gospel, Mark 7:24-30
24 He left that place and set out for the territory of Tyre. There he went into a house and did not want anyone to know he was there; but he could not pass unrecognised.
27 And he said to her, 'The children should be fed first, because it is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to little dogs.'
28 But she spoke up, 'Ah yes, sir,' she replied, 'but little dogs under the table eat the scraps from the children.'
29 And he said to her, 'For saying this you may go home happy; the devil has gone out of your daughter.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:8, 9, 10, 15
Gospel, Mark 8:14-21
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Holy cow: Farm animals receive blessing outside St Peter's Square
- Prayer Requests Live for Friday, January 18th, 2019
- St. Fabian: Saint of the Day for Sunday, January 20, 2019
- Bill to ban revenge porn introduced in Montana
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 21st, 2019 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, January 20, 2019
- Guam archdiocese files for bankruptcy following sex abuse lawsuits
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 20th, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, January 17th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 19th, 2019HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education