Daily Reading for Monday, January 28th, 2019
Daily Reading for Monday January 28, 2019
Reading 1, Hebrews 9:15, 24-28 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 98:1, 2-3, 3-4, 5-6 Gospel, Mark 3:22-30
Join Us Now >
Reading 1, Hebrews 9:15, 24-28
15 This makes him the mediator of a new covenant, so that, now that a death has occurred to redeem the sins committed under an earlier covenant, those who have been called to an eternal inheritance may receive the promise.
26 or else he would have had to suffer over and over again since the world began. As it is, he has made his appearance once and for all, at the end of the last age, to do away with sin by sacrificing himself.
27 Since human beings die only once, after which comes judgement,
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 98:1, 2-3, 3-4, 5-6
1 [Psalm] Sing a new song to Yahweh, for he has performed wonders, his saving power is in his right hand and his holy arm.
2 Yahweh has made known his saving power, revealed his saving justice for the nations to see,
3 mindful of his faithful love and his constancy to the House of Israel. The whole wide world has seen the saving power of our God.
4 Acclaim Yahweh, all the earth, burst into shouts of joy!
5 Play to Yahweh on the harp, to the sound of instruments;
6 to the sound of trumpet and horn, acclaim the presence of the King.
Gospel, Mark 3:22-30
23 So he called them to him and spoke to them in parables,
24 'How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot last.
25 And if a household is divided against itself, that household can never last.
26 Now if Satan has rebelled against himself and is divided, he cannot last either -- it is the end of him.
27 But no one can make his way into a strong man's house and plunder his property unless he has first tied up the strong man. Only then can he plunder his house.
30 This was because they were saying, 'There is an unclean spirit in him.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 1:1-2, 3, 4, 6
Gospel, Matthew 11:16-19
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Michigan lawmakers approve ban on telemedicine abortion pill ...
- Taking the Kingdom by Force: Learning from John the Baptizer
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, December 13th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 16th, 2018 HD Video
- Advent is a perfect time to re-dedicate ourselves to the Gospel of Life
- Daily Readings for Friday, December 14, 2018
- St. John of the Cross: Saint of the Day for Friday, December 14, 2018
- These are the Seven Most Powerful Prayers in History
- 8 encouraging Bible verses to lift you up
- 5 Things You Need To Know About 'Offering A Mass' For A Loved One
- Jamaica leads Caribbean nations in suing for slavery reparations - ...
- Here are 10 Very Interesting Facts About the Catholic Church You ...
- st. nicholas
- st john the baptist
- daily readings
- saint george
- saint james
- Saint Patrick
- st. francis
- st. jude
- st. peter
- mother theresa
- st james
- st joan of arc
- advent prayers
- St Joseph
- ten commandments
- Pope Francis
- saint agnes
- St Anthony
- 10 commandments
- mary magdalene
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 15th, 2018 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, December 12th, 2018 HD
- A Personal Advent Thank You and Request from Deacon Keith HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, December 14th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education