Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018
Daily Reading for Tuesday October 2, 2018
Reading 1, Exodus 23:20-23 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 91:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 10-11 Gospel, Matthew 18:1-5, 10
Reading 1, Exodus 23:20-23
20 'Look, I am sending an angel to precede you, to guard you as you go and bring you to the place that I have prepared.
21 Revere him and obey what he says. Do not defy him: he will not forgive any wrong-doing on your part, for my name is in him.
22 If, however, you obey what he says and do whatever I order, I shall be an enemy to your enemies and a foe to your foes.
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 91:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 10-11
1 You who live in the secret place of Elyon, spend your nights in the shelter of Shaddai,
2 saying to Yahweh, 'My refuge, my fortress, my God in whom I trust!'
3 He rescues you from the snare of the fowler set on destruction;
4 he covers you with his pinions, you find shelter under his wings. His constancy is shield and protection.
5 You need not fear the terrors of night, the arrow that flies in the daytime,
6 the plague that stalks in the darkness, the scourge that wreaks havoc at high noon.
10 No disaster can overtake you, no plague come near your tent;
11 he has given his angels orders about you to guard you wherever you go.
Gospel, Matthew 18:1-5, 10
2 So he called a little child to him whom he set among them.
4 And so, the one who makes himself as little as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven.
5 'Anyone who welcomes one little child like this in my name welcomes me.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 102:16-18, 19-21, 29, 22-23
Gospel, Mark 8:27-33
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, February 20th, 2019
- Hoya no more: Georgetown rescinds McCarrick's honorary degree
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 23rd, 2019 HD Video
- There are alternatives to abortion, says Archdiocese of New York
- Vatican spokesman shifts focus to summit follow-up before abuse ...
- St. Severian: Saint of the Day for Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Daily Readings for Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 22nd, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, February 19th, 2019
- Daily Reading for Thursday, February 21st, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education