Daily Reading for Saturday, June 16th, 2018
Daily Reading for Saturday June 16, 2018
Reading 1, First Kings 19:19-21 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 9-10 Gospel, Matthew 5:33-37
Reading 1, First Kings 19:19-21
21 Elisha turned away, took a yoke of oxen and slaughtered them. He used the oxen's tackle for cooking the meat, which he gave the people to eat. He then rose and, following Elijah, became his servant.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 9-10
1 [In a quiet voice Of David] Protect me, O God, in you is my refuge.
5 My birthright, my cup is Yahweh; you, you alone, hold my lot secure.
7 I bless Yahweh who is my counsellor, even at night my heart instructs me.
10 for you will not abandon me to Sheol, you cannot allow your faithful servant to see the abyss.
Gospel, Matthew 5:33-37
33 'Again, you have heard how it was said to our ancestors, You must not break your oath, but must fulfil your oaths to the Lord.
34 But I say this to you, do not swear at all, either by heaven, since that is God's throne;
35 or by earth, since that is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, since that is the city of the great King.
36 Do not swear by your own head either, since you cannot turn a single hair white or black.
37 All you need say is "Yes" if you mean yes, "No" if you mean no; anything more than this comes from the Evil One.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 132:11, 12, 13-14, 17-18
Gospel, Matthew 6:19-23
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis: Take in refugees, invest in poor countries
- Pope Francis has a plan to help refugees, and halt the tide of ...
- Living the Catholic Way: The Church HD Video
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 23, 2018
- The Catholic Church's Role with Refugees in the U.S.
- St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher: Catholic Martyrs
- Daily Readings for Saturday, June 23, 2018
- Living Words with Deacon Kieth Fournier - The Apostle Paul's Second Letter to the Corinthians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - The Apostle Paul's words to the Galatians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - John 3:16 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 24th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education