Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018
Daily Reading for Wednesday May 23, 2018
Reading 1, James 4:13-17 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 49:2-3, 6-7, 8-10, 11 Gospel, Mark 9:38-40
Reading 1, James 4:13-17
13 Well now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow, we are off to this or that town; we are going to spend a year there, trading, and make some money.'
14 You never know what will happen tomorrow: you are no more than a mist that appears for a little while and then disappears.
15 Instead of this, you should say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we shall still be alive to do this or that.'
16 But as it is, how boastful and loud -- mouthed you are! Boasting of this kind is always wrong.
17 Everyone who knows what is the right thing to do and does not do it commits a sin.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 49:2-3, 6-7, 8-10, 11
2 people high and low, rich and poor alike!
6 They trust in their wealth, and boast of the profusion of their riches.
7 But no one can ever redeem himself or pay his own ransom to God,
8 the price for himself is too high; it can never be
9 that he will live on for ever and avoid the sight of the abyss.
10 For he will see the wise also die no less than the fool and the brute, and leave their wealth behind for others.
11 For ever no home but their tombs, their dwelling-place age after age, though they gave their name to whole territories.
Gospel, Mark 9:38-40
38 John said to him, 'Master, we saw someone who is not one of us driving out devils in your name, and because he was not one of us we tried to stop him.'
40 Anyone who is not against us is for us.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:4-5, 29-30, 31-32, 33-34
Gospel, Matthew 6:24-34
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher: Catholic Martyrs
- Pope Francis: Take in refugees, invest in poor countries
- Pope Francis has a plan to help refugees, and halt the tide of ...
- Daily Readings for Saturday, June 23, 2018
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 23, 2018
- The Catholic Church's Role with Refugees in the U.S.
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 25th, 2018 HD Video
- Living the Catholic Way: The Church HD
- Living Words with Deacon Kieth Fournier - The Apostle Paul's Second Letter to the Corinthians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - The Apostle Paul's words to the Galatians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - John 3:16 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education