Daily Reading for Thursday, February 15th, 2018
Daily Reading for Thursday February 15, 2018
Reading 1, Deuteronomy 30:15-20 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 1:1-2, 3, 4, 6 Gospel, Luke 9:22-25
Reading 1, Deuteronomy 30:15-20
15 'Look, today I am offering you life and prosperity, death and disaster.
16 If you obey the commandments of Yahweh your God, which I am laying down for you today, if you love Yahweh your God and follow his ways, if you keep his commandments, his laws and his customs, you will live and grow numerous, and Yahweh your God will bless you in the country which you are about to enter and make your own.
17 But if your heart turns away, if you refuse to listen, if you let yourself be drawn into worshipping other gods and serving them,
20 in the love of Yahweh your God, obeying his voice, holding fast to him; for in this your life consists, and on this depends the length of time that you stay in the country which Yahweh swore to your ancestors Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that he would give them.'
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 1:1-2, 3, 4, 6
1 How blessed is anyone who rejects the advice of the wicked and does not take a stand in the path that sinners tread, nor a seat in company with cynics,
3 Such a one is like a tree planted near streams; it bears fruit in season and its leaves never wither, and every project succeeds.
4 How different the wicked, how different! Just like chaff blown around by the wind
6 For Yahweh watches over the path of the upright, but the path of the wicked is doomed.
Gospel, Luke 9:22-25
23 Then, speaking to all, he said, 'If anyone wants to be a follower of mine, let him renounce himself and take up his cross every day and follow me.
25 What benefit is it to anyone to win the whole world and forfeit or lose his very self?
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 132:11, 12, 13-14, 17-18
Gospel, Matthew 6:19-23
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 24th, 2018 HD Video
- St. Thomas More: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 22, 2018
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 22, 2018
- Thomas More, the Man for This Season - for Christians Who Will Not ...
- Pope's climate warning to oil-gas executives: 'There is no time to lose'
- Burger making machine arrives, is this the end of fast-food McJobs? ...
- Pope Francis: Take in refugees, invest in poor countries
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 23rd, 2018 HD
- This could be the worldĂ˘Â€Â™s deadliest, most perfect disease. HereĂ˘Â€Â™s why HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 22nd, 2018 HD
- WhatĂ˘Â€Â™s happening at the border, and what does the Catholic Church have to say? HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education