Daily Reading for Saturday, January 21st, 2017
Daily Reading for Saturday January 21, 2017
Reading 1, Hebrews 9:2-3, 11-14 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9 Gospel, Mark 3:20-21
Reading 1, Hebrews 9:2-3, 11-14
2 There was a tent which comprised two compartments: the first, in which the lamp-stand, the table and the loaves of permanent offering were kept, was called the Holy Place;
3 then beyond the second veil, a second compartment which was called the Holy of Holies
11 But now Christ has come, as the high priest of all the blessings which were to come. He has passed through the greater, the more perfect tent, not made by human hands, that is, not of this created order;
12 and he has entered the sanctuary once and for all, taking with him not the blood of goats and bull calves, but his own blood, having won an eternal redemption.
13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkled on those who have incurred defilement, may restore their bodily purity.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9
2 For Yahweh, the Most High, is glorious, the great king over all the earth.
3 He brings peoples under our yoke and nations under our feet.
6 Let the music sound for our God, let it sound, let the music sound for our king, let it sound.
7 For he is king of the whole world; learn the music, let it sound for God!
8 God reigns over the nations, seated on his holy throne.
9 The leaders of the nations rally to the people of the God of Abraham. The shields of the earth belong to God, who is exalted on high.
Gospel, Mark 3:20-21
20 He went home again, and once more such a crowd collected that they could not even have a meal.
21 When his relations heard of this, they set out to take charge of him; they said, 'He is out of his mind.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 139:1-3, 13-14, 14-15
Gospel, Luke 1:57-66, 80
Reading 2, Acts 13:22-26
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- The Rosary Priest still inspires decades after death
- Former Vatican Diplomat found guilty of child pornography charges
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 25th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 26th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Monday, June 25, 2018
- St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher: Catholic Martyrs
- St. William of Vercelli: Saint of the Day for Monday, June 25, 2018
- Pope Francis has a plan to help refugees, and halt the tide of immigration HD
- Living the Catholic Way: The Church HD
- Living Words with Deacon Kieth Fournier - The Apostle Paul's Second Letter to the Corinthians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - The Apostle Paul's words to the Galatians HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education