Daily Reading for Sunday, January 8th, 2017
Daily Reading for Sunday January 8, 2017
Reading 1, Isaiah 42:1-4, 6-7 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 29:1-2, 3-4, 3, 9-10 Gospel, Matthew 3:13-17 Reading 2, Acts 10:34-38
Reading 1, Isaiah 42:1-4, 6-7
2 He does not cry out or raise his voice, his voice is not heard in the street;
3 he does not break the crushed reed or snuff the faltering wick. Faithfully he presents fair judgement;
6 I, Yahweh, have called you in saving justice, I have grasped you by the hand and shaped you; I have made you a covenant of the people and light to the nations,
7 to open the eyes of the blind, to free captives from prison, and those who live in darkness from the dungeon.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 29:1-2, 3-4, 3, 9-10
4 Yahweh's voice in power, Yahweh's voice in splendour;
9 Yahweh's voice convulses terebinths, strips forests bare. In his palace all cry, 'Glory!'
10 Yahweh was enthroned for the flood, Yahweh is enthroned as king for ever.
Gospel, Matthew 3:13-17
14 John tried to dissuade him, with the words, 'It is I who need baptism from you, and yet you come to me!'
17 And suddenly there was a voice from heaven, 'This is my Son, the Beloved; my favour rests on him.'
Reading 2, Acts 10:34-38
34 Then Peter addressed them, 'I now really understand', he said, 'that God has no favourites,
35 but that anybody of any nationality who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 5:2-3, 5-6, 7
Gospel, Matthew 5:38-42
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- Pope Francis: Abortion of the sick and mentally ill is a 'Nazi mentality'
- St. Romuald: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- Pope Francis: 'God works in mysterious ways...'
- BEHOLD A PALE HORSE: New strain of pandemic flu that kills 4-in-10 ...
- Pope's climate warning to oil-gas executives: 'There is no time to lose'
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 20th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 18th, 2018 HD
- Addicted to social media and online games? HereĂ˘Â€Â™s how to break the spell HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education