Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 4th, 2017
Daily Reading for Wednesday January 4, 2017
Reading 1, First John 3:7-10 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 98:1, 7-8, 9 Gospel, John 1:35-42
Reading 1, First John 3:7-10
7 Children, do not let anyone lead you astray. Whoever acts uprightly is upright, just as he is upright.
8 Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since the devil has been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.
9 No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 98:1, 7-8, 9
1 [Psalm] Sing a new song to Yahweh, for he has performed wonders, his saving power is in his right hand and his holy arm.
7 Let the sea thunder, and all that it holds, the world and all who live in it.
8 Let the rivers clap their hands, and the mountains shout for joy together,
Gospel, John 1:35-42
36 and John looked towards him and said, 'Look, there is the lamb of God.'
37 And the two disciples heard what he said and followed Jesus.
38 Jesus turned round, saw them following and said, 'What do you want?' They answered, 'Rabbi' -- which means Teacher -- 'where do you live?'
39 He replied, 'Come and see'; so they went and saw where he lived, and stayed with him that day. It was about the tenth hour.
41 The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother and say to him, 'We have found the Messiah' -- which means the Christ-
42 and he took Simon to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, 'You are Simon son of John; you are to be called Cephas' -- which means Rock.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 139:1-3, 13-14, 14-15
Gospel, Luke 1:57-66, 80
Reading 2, Acts 13:22-26
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- The Rosary Priest still inspires decades after death
- St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher: Catholic Martyrs
- Daily Readings for Monday, June 25, 2018
- Former Vatican Diplomat found guilty of child pornography charges
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 25th, 2018 HD Video
- St. William of Vercelli: Saint of the Day for Monday, June 25, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 26th, 2018 HD Video
- Pope Francis has a plan to help refugees, and halt the tide of immigration HD
- Living the Catholic Way: The Church HD
- Living Words with Deacon Kieth Fournier - The Apostle Paul's Second Letter to the Corinthians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - The Apostle Paul's words to the Galatians HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education