Daily Reading for Saturday, June 7th, 2014
Daily Reading for Saturday June 7, 2014
Reading 1, Acts 28:16-20, 30-31 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 11:4, 5, 7 Gospel, John 21:20-25
Reading 1, Acts 28:16-20, 30-31
16 On our arrival in Rome Paul was allowed to stay in lodgings of his own with the soldier who guarded him.
17 After three days he called together the leading Jews. When they had assembled, he said to them, 'Brothers, although I have done nothing against our people or the customs of our ancestors, I was arrested in Jerusalem and handed over to the Romans.
18 They examined me and would have set me free, since they found me guilty of nothing involving the death penalty;
19 but the Jews lodged an objection, and I was forced to appeal to Caesar, though not because I had any accusation to make against my own nation.
20 That is why I have urged you to see me and have a discussion with me, for it is on account of the hope of Israel that I wear this chain.'
30 He spent the whole of the two years in his own rented lodging. He welcomed all who came to visit him,
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 11:4, 5, 7
5 Yahweh examines the upright and the wicked, the lover of violence he detests.
Gospel, John 21:20-25
21 Seeing him, Peter said to Jesus, 'What about him, Lord?'
22 Jesus answered, 'If I want him to stay behind till I come, what does it matter to you? You are to follow me.'
24 This disciple is the one who vouches for these things and has written them down, and we know that his testimony is true.
25 There was much else that Jesus did; if it were written down in detail, I do not suppose the world itself would hold all the books that would be written.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 141:1-2, 3, 8
Gospel, Mark 10:13-16
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- New rules for Colorado Civil Rights board after SCOTUS bakery case
- St. Augustine of Canterbury: Saint of the Day for Sunday, May 27, 2018
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 28th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, May 27, 2018
- Commit yourself to ending war this Memorial Day
- American websites blocking Europeans over new data laws HD Video
- Another victory for life! California court rejects assisted suicide ...
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - 'The Word Became Flesh' John 1:1-14 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, May 27th, 2018 HD
- An Ebola outbreak has reached a major city, hereĂ˘Â€Â™s why that matters HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, May 26th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education