Daily Reading for Saturday, March 1st, 2014
Reading 1, James 5:13-20
13 Any one of you who is in trouble should pray; anyone in good spirits should sing a psalm.
16 So confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another to be cured; the heartfelt prayer of someone upright works very powerfully.
17 Elijah was a human being as frail as ourselves -- he prayed earnestly for it not to rain, and no rain fell for three and a half years;
18 then he prayed again and the sky gave rain and the earth gave crops.
19 My brothers, if one of you strays away from the truth, and another brings him back to it,
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 141:1-2, 3, 8
1 [Psalm Of David] Yahweh, I am calling, hurry to me, listen to my voice when I call to you.
3 Yahweh, mount a guard over my mouth, a guard at the door of my lips.
8 To you, Yahweh, I turn my eyes, in you I take refuge, do not leave me unprotected.
Gospel, Mark 10:13-16
13 People were bringing little children to him, for him to touch them. The disciples scolded them,
16 Then he embraced them, laid his hands on them and gave them his blessing.
Reading 1, Joshua 24:1-13: 1 Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel together at Shechem; ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 136:1-3, 16-18, 21-22, 24: 1 Alleluia! Give thanks to Yahweh ... Gospel, Matthew 19:3-12: 3 Some Pharisees approached him, and to put him to the test they ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis calls for prayers following terror attacks in Spain, Finland
- Mother shares heartbreaking photo of her dying daughter as she pulls ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- Sen. Bob Corker joins ranks of seditious who want to overthrow a ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, August 18, 2017
- St. Helena: Saint of the Day for Friday, August 18, 2017
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- ten commandments
- Pope Francis
- saint agnes
- St Anthony
- 10 commandments
- mary magdalene
- Patron saints
- st bernadette
- pope francis
- St. John
- holy spirit
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- st rose of lima
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD
- Article V could be invoked. Here's what you need to know about it HD