Daily Reading for Wednesday, November 13th, 2013
Daily Reading for Wednesday November 13, 2013
Reading 1, Wisdom 6:2-11 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 82:3-4, 6-7 Gospel, Luke 17:11-19
Reading 1, Wisdom 6:2-11
2 hear this, you who govern great populations, taking pride in your hosts of subject nations!
4 If therefore, as servants of his kingdom, you have not ruled justly nor observed the law, nor followed the will of God,
5 he will fall on you swiftly and terribly. On the highly placed a ruthless judgement falls;
6 the lowly are pardoned, out of pity, but the mighty will be mightily tormented.
7 For the Lord of all does not cower before anyone, he does not stand in awe of greatness, since he himself has made small and great and provides for all alike;
8 but a searching trial awaits those who wield power.
9 So, monarchs, my words are meant for you, so that you may learn wisdom and not fall into error;
11 Set your heart, therefore, on what I have to say, listen with a will, and you will be instructed.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 82:3-4, 6-7
3 Let the weak and the orphan have justice, be fair to the wretched and the destitute.
4 'Rescue the weak and the needy, save them from the clutches of the wicked.
6 I had thought, "Are you gods, are all of you sons of the Most High?"
Gospel, Luke 17:11-19
12 As he entered one of the villages, ten men suffering from a virulent skin-disease came to meet him. They stood some way off
13 and called to him, 'Jesus! Master! Take pity on us.'
14 When he saw them he said, 'Go and show yourselves to the priests.' Now as they were going away they were cleansed.
15 Finding himself cured, one of them turned back praising God at the top of his voice
17 This led Jesus to say, 'Were not all ten made clean? The other nine, where are they?
18 It seems that no one has come back to give praise to God, except this foreigner.'
19 And he said to the man, 'Stand up and go on your way. Your faith has saved you.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 42:2-3; 43:3, 4
Gospel, John 10:1-10
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Earth Day 2018: We are stewards of Creation, and we must act like it
- Every Earth Day, Remember Our Place in Creation HD Video
- Two Leaves Tea at Catholic Online Shopping HD Video
- St. George: Saint of the Day for Monday, April 23, 2018
- Daily Readings for Monday, April 23, 2018
- The Eucharist's Importance to the Life of the Church
- The Christian Duty: A mission of leading others to Jesus
- 7 powerful morning prayers you need to get your day started with God
- Pope Francis: World War III has begun - Third Secret of Fatima gives ...
- Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- Catholic Church issues new guidelines for cremation. Here's what you ...
- Beautiful Divine Mercy One Decade Rosary at Catholic Online Shopping HD
- St. Gemma Galgani HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 25th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 24th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education