Daily Reading for Monday, November 4th, 2013
Daily Reading for Monday November 4, 2013
Reading 1, Romans 11:29-36 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 69:30-31, 33-34, 36-37 Gospel, Luke 14:12-14
Reading 1, Romans 11:29-36
30 Just as you were in the past disobedient to God but now you have been shown mercy, through their disobedience;
31 so in the same way they are disobedient now, so that through the mercy shown to you they too will receive mercy.
32 God has imprisoned all human beings in their own disobedience only to show mercy to them all.
34 Who has ever known the mind of the Lord? Who has ever been his adviser?
35 Who has given anything to him, so that his presents come only as a debt returned?
36 Everything there is comes from him and is caused by him and exists for him. To him be glory for ever! Amen.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 69:30-31, 33-34, 36-37
33 For God listens to the poor, he has never scorned his captive people.
34 Let heaven and earth and seas, and all that stirs in them, acclaim him!
Gospel, Luke 14:12-14
12 Then he said to his host, 'When you give a lunch or a dinner, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relations or rich neighbours, in case they invite you back and so repay you.
13 No; when you have a party, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind;
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34
Gospel, John 20:19-23
Reading 2, First Corinthians 12:3-7, 12-13
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Thirty-four Chilean bishops resign as Pope Francis cracks down on ...
- St. Bernardine of Siena: Saint of the Day for Sunday, May 20, 2018
- Another way to celebrate Mother's Day
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 21st, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, May 20, 2018
- The Power of Pentecost. What Happened to Those Charismatic Catholics?
- Daily Reading for Sunday, May 20th, 2018 HD
- Vatican tells nuns, less time on social media, more prayer! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, May 19th, 2018 HD
- A victory for life, Judge overturns California assisted suicide law HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education